BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2000 E46 320D - Parking Sensors Not Working

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  payno 
#1 ·
Hi

Firstly id like to say hello, this is my first post on the forum so Hello!

So I recently purchased a 320D 2000 for my second car and theres a few little issues with it. The main one been the parking sensors arent working whatsoever. I have read up and searched the forum for similar problems and tried a few solutions so let me give you guys a run down and then perhaps someone with a little more knowledge than me can help! :)

So when I turn the car key to position 2 so the ligts on the dash come on then put the car into reverse there is no beep at all. I've read up on this forum and it says that if there was an issue with the parking sensor then the PDC would bleep - I get no noise at all. When I leave the light on and open the car door the car does beep so I dont think its an issue with the speaker as others have mentioned here.

When I leave the car in reverse and listen to the sensors there is no clicking from any of them - No noise coming from them at all.

The reverse light is not working either.

I have checked all the fuses in the glove box with the continuity setting on a multimeter and all fuses see good.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks =)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.