Model of Car:
    728i m/sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Hi everyone , I hope someone can help me on this . I bought a widescreen monitor off eBay the bloke said its for an e39 ,e38 and x5's all you do is take out 4.3 and put 16.9 in . I thought great , I bid and won . When it came i was straight out fitting it , when putting it in I hit a big problem the back left corner of the unit is hitting a black plastic housing for something .I Brought it to a BMW dealer and a bloke there tried and had no joy he told me to go to parts and see where it came from . They said it came from a left hand drive car and a right hand drive one for an e38 has a off set ! I emailed the bloke to return it and he says no refunds the monitor fits both left and right e38 bmws .now I don't know what to do or who to believe ? Is there a left and right hand monitorsl and can this one fit somehow ? . I bought a mrk 4 satnav as well I fitted that , now everything on my monitor is in French ! I bought wood trim for the car aswell in ash grey looks great but I can't fit that because the e38 it came out of had a widescreen ! Well they do say things always happenin 3's . I'm new to the forem but this is my third BMW my first one was an E28 528i lovely car and second was an E30 320i convertible a real head turner with the hood is down " once you own a BMW everything else is second best ! " I hope someone can help me , thanks Martin
    Last edited by mgalvin1; 26-03-2010 at 19:12.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Have a look on www.realoem.com and compare part numbers for the units.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ronnie For This Useful Post:

mgalvin1 (21-03-2010)

BMW Master
    Car Details
    chrisn's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    750iL
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi I've spent quite a time looking at this issue, and would confirm your suspicion that the widescreen fitted to the E38 was unique to the model. Ignore all those ads that include 'fits E38' -they don't without chopping a heater duct. Worse still, is that these are difficult to come by. You need to ensure that an ad has a pic of the rear of the unit. Its easy to remember which you need-for a R/H drive E38, the cassette housing has to be biased to the right as yopu look at the monitor (when the unit is of course the right way up-the rear is often pictured upside down). Sorry this is not what you want to hear...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisn For This Useful Post:

mgalvin1 (21-03-2010)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    mgalvin1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    728i m/sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Thanks Ronnie ! I went on that site you suggested and its for a left hand drive E38's and E39's in Europe , the code on the one I got is ( 65.52-8 385 454 ) and the one for my car is ( 65.52-8 385 455 ) its amazing that one digit makes such a difference . Thanks again Martin

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    mgalvin1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    728i m/sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Thanks chrisn For your help ! I'm going to send that bloke an email saying that hes advert was misleading and he should of stated that the monitor came out of a left hand drive car and does not fit right hand drive E38's , hopefully I should get a refund ? . now I've got to start looking again but this time I know what monitor I need thanks to you guys . Hopefully I'll find one ! If I don't the wood trim I bought will be no good ! , i just need to sort out that French satnav now .thanks again Martin