Model of Car:
    316se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    hi i started to have problems with my car in the freeze before xmas , ie the headlights came back on themselves when no one was near the car , anyway xmas day went to collect aunt for dinner ,and noticed the offside indicator was on so got in car went to start it only to be met by smoke pouring out the dashboard , I disconnected bat straight away. Ive had someone since come and look briefly at it and they concluded it was the lighting switch loom and until dashboard is off he couldn`t tell the severity of the damage and it probably werent worth bothering getting it done as it werent worth it ,basically he didnt want the job, but i need to know whether it is worth repairing and where to look for a auto electrician who will do the job at a reasonable price, forgive my ignorance my skills as a mum far outreach my autoelectrical skills which go as far as changing a fuse and ive also been known to change the odd bulb and thats it ,thank you any suggestions would be of great help and much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    The light wiring is part of the main engine loom so it is difficult to replace. Costs around £300 per side and you will probably need a new light control module because that was the cause of your problem in the first place. Might be worth checking if it is only the LCM that is fire damaged.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    aliflunky's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    ok thanks