BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1999 e36 318iS - coupe 18 button obc issues

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Horny Devil 8 
#1 ·
Hi i done a retro fit from the analog clock to the 18 button obc, me being me then tried putting leds in the top display bit to turn it blue. but i blew the led up and now the main screen has stopped working well i say stopped working it works but the lights dont so i can only read it when the sun is shining on it. I think i may have blown something iv checked the fuses and all the connections seem to be fine. Does anyone know what wire it is that makes the main scrren on the 18 button obc light up? If i know i can replace this wire and hopefully it will be sorted :thumbsup

#4 ·
well thats what i thought at first mate but the time and date bit light up like they are ment to so took the bulb out of that bit and swapped it with one of the other 3 and the same thing happened thats why im guessing its a wire or somethin i maybe wrong but thats all i can put it down to either that or getting some new wire and spending another 2 days pulling all that old wires out and replacing them if that dont work throw the obc away and put the old clock back in lol I dont think its the obc either cuz my mate kev has got a 7 button obc and plugged his into mine and the same thing happened it worked fine just didnt light up lol so dunno what it is tbh if its not a wire

#6 ·
what connection is that mate? the earth one? it used to light up till i was messing around with it and tried putting an led in there then it stopped lightin up. so it used to work fine till i was messing about it. When i get it working properly again im not messing about with it the climate control and the obc can stay orange lol

#8 ·
Ok cheers mate i will check that wire out in abit, well i did have them terminal blocks on all of um but then started to solder um to give me more room and a better fit behind it all so its half and half at the mo as gave up half way through lol i will have a look at the voilet/white wire tho thanks :thumbsup

#14 ·
go to the outside of your car on the floor you will have vents in your bumper next to the fog light you will see a vent if you got the m3 bumper if you and you will see the vent through the grill on the passengers side a few inchs back from the front of the bumper you will see a hole on the left hand side of the vent it goes in there mate :thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.