Model of Car:
    316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks

If you are having problems with the door windows not closing properly, i.e. they stop about 10 mm form the end stop, then I have found an easy solution to this problem. This assumes you are not interested in this over-engineered piece of German design and just want the windows to close fully when they are wound up. The following procedure does away with having to change the door switches which I understand is quite commonly the cause of this problem. With this fault I found it particularly annoying, what with the wind whistle and also if I went through a car wash and got a free shower into the bargain.
    Step one is to remove the door panel. Details of this can be found in the following excelent video:

Next step is to remove the plugs from the motor. The top plug with the two thick wires is the main drive to the motor and the bottom plug is for positional information relating to the window.(I think). Removal of the plugs is effected by squeezing them from the side and pulling them off. Before doing this it is asummed the window is fullly wound down.
    Next thing that is requred is to apply 12 Volts to the motor. In my case I made up two leads approx. 1 metre long with a small crocodile clip atttached to one end and the other end bared by about 5mm. The most convenient 12 Volt supply is the cigarette socket which is live with the ignition switced off. With the crocodile clips attached to the two pins of the motor drive, touch one of the wires to the inside centre position of the cigarettete socket and then with the other wire touch the outer ring of the socket. If you just hear a clicking noise then the wires are the wrong way round. Swop the wires over and the the motor should drive the window right to the very top. Once this has been completed, remove the wires and re-insert the plugs. Switch on the ignition and try winding the window up and down a few times and you should find it will close competely on each occasion. Both my windows suffered from this fault but are now working the way I want them to.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    E36 lover's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type: