Model of Car:
    735I E32
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Ok i've really screwed up the wiring in this thing somewhere. My charging system is inop. I have tested the batt and gotten a free replacement for my alternator installed so we can rule out those possabilities. I have tested and checked the two fuseable links near the battery. I have also tested voltage at the rear of the alternator. On a charged battery and running I have battery voltage on the charge side and about 3% less at the field wire.

Here's the kicker.... I have no batt/charge light on the cluster anymore. Not before, during, or after starting. It just never comes on anymore not even when I first start. I have canged the bulb with a known good bulb and still nothing. I am tearing through the wiring diagram and see that this light runs from fuse 17 (which I have replaced as well as 26 and 28). Anyway.... Please help!!!!

89 735 by the way
    Last edited by vdubr; 18-03-2009 at 02:36.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Thanks
    That will be your problem. You need to determine why you're not getting the battery light.
    Remove the D+ wire from the alternator (blue wire? not sure) switch on ignition and touch it to earth.
    If the light comes on, its an alternator problem if it doesn’t it’s a wiring/bulb/fuse fault.
    You say you've screwed up the wiring - have you been doing stuff?
    Last edited by gildersol; 18-03-2009 at 21:29.