1999 E31 840Ci - Passenger window goes up and down whilst driving.

Notices

Thread: 1999 E31 840Ci - Passenger window goes up and down whilst driving.

Reply to Thread
  1. 1999 E31 840Ci - Passenger window goes up and down whilst driving. 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    billy8's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    440Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi People,

My 840Ci passenger window will drop as if the door is being opened and then go back up again of it's own accord. There is no pattern to when it does it, and I have replaced the microswitches (although the fault still occurs with them disconnected), the window motor, the wiring to the motor, the door control module and the ECU in the passenger sill. The diagnostics show a fault in the motor wires (sensing voltage in the wires when no signal has been sent), but these have been replaced. I am quickly running out of ideas, and any help or experience of this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Billy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

3. Hi Billy 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    jamesh7142's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320ci se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    HI, i had the same problem on an e36 i owned a few years back. The connection between the microswitches in the door well that make the window drop down slightly when the door opens were slightly coming apart when driving due to the door having slight movement in it over bumps. All i did was to reposition the door catch in as little as 1mm, to pull the door in when shut to make the connection more positive and the problem never happened again. Im not saying that this will work, but well worth a try, although if this cures it, ul probably be kicking yourself for the expense of everything you have replaced so far! please let me know if this cures it, would be nice to help someone on my first day of joining this site! goodluck.