BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1998 E46 318i - weird light problem.

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  e461998 
#1 ·
Ok so a warning came up on my dash for a beem problem. I had a look at them and they seem ok (in my non expert experience) but the rear left fog light is not working. So today I changed the rear fog bulb, but no change, it still doesn't work. I double checked the Manuel, there is no fog light alarm on the dash, only showing a problem for the front beem?

I also had a look at fuses, and whether I missed it or not I could only see on the fuse list front fog lights listed not rear...

Any suggestions? Also my knowledge of electricals beyond turning it off then on again is limited.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

#2 ·
No individual fuses for most of the external lights on an e46, the short-circuit detection and bulb failures are handled by your light switch, LCM/LSZ.
Have you checked all the bulbs at the location indicated on the little car pic on you dash? Should show a bulb icon at whatever corner is bad.
You should find at that corner one function of the lights not working.

#4 ·
Yer ive checked the corner where the error on the dash indicates, there looks to be no problem when compared with the opposite side for headlight and beem.

But the left rear fog light still doesnt work, and isnt indicated as an error on the dash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.