e36 m3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    my car is an e36 m3 evo..
    My central locking is done by the key as i have no rcl.
    My problem is that my central locking is working sometimes and then it wont. it could work all day and then not work for a week. I cannot find any patrern to its activity and non activity.
    Other day it wasnt working but yet it would put up the 2 windows with the key and today it wont put up the windows with key..

I have had it with a BMW mechanic and he has tried everything and tested everything usings the BMW wiring diagrams.. he had came to the conclusion that it was the Gm module, so luckily i knew where there was an m3 being made into a track car. Unfortunetly the track car had no battery in it so i couldnt try it before i took module out, but anyway i tried its module in my car and its the exact same, it worked for 5 or 6 opening and closings, then stoped when opening, exactly as my own module was doing.. dont know where to turn now, is it something else thats wrong? i couldnt be that unlucky that the track car module was acting exact same way? could i?

My latest discovery was this evening, i had a mate sitting in car and doors were shut, i was locking and unlockng drivers door with key, when the central locking works, the button on door car can be pushed down by hand to lock position, but when the central locking doesnt work, my mate could push down the button and it would just come back up... does this shed any more light?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    I would be checking the wiring that runs into the bootlid. If this is broken internally this can cause central locking issues.....

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    ZANDER's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 m3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    The mechanic that looked at it checked all the wiring and said everything was ok, in boot lid and doors etc etc. He said that at one point when it was working, he tried to open from passenger door and that the passenger door isnt working the central locking so there is an issue with that mechanisim.. however i was talking to a guy today who said once there is a problem with passenger door that the whole system might be affected, he suggested changing the micro switch that is attached to lock barrel?
    Last edited by ZANDER; 20-01-2010 at 00:03. Reason: bad locking and bad spelling

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    ZANDER's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 m3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    i had another check today, i only have a simple tester that lights with current.
    The central locking was working, and i had a constant live red wire with green stripe going to lock on drivers door,
    when turned to lock i had a pulse at blue wire and unlock had pulse at white wire, then central locking stopped working and i still had the constant live but no pulse for lock or unlock..
    so i thought great, its my door lock thats the problem.
    Then central locking started to work again but this time when i locked it with the key it just unlocked itself straight away??
    I went to passenger door and there was no constant live so i followewd the red wire with green stripe into footwell and down under carpet in passenger side, the floor is very wet from water getting in, i moved around the wires a bit looking but found nothing,
    went back to driver side and now i have no constant live there either???? is there anything under the carpet that i could of disturbed?? i have checked fuses and there ok.
    Really need some help with this guys

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    ZANDER's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 m3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    FIXED. FIXED. FIXED. Thank god
    Central locking is working perfect now and Passenger door will now lock the drivers door aswell. which it never did since i got it.. and best of all i didnt have to replace a single part, just needed someone who really knew his way around a BMW

LGB
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    LGB's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Would be interesting to know exactly what the problem was & what was done to fix it?
    E36 - 318is - M-Tech
    (EU12335)

RYM
    Legendary BFuk Member
    Car Details
    RYM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325tds
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,935 Times in 3,119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LGB View Post
    Would be interesting to know exactly what the problem was & what was done to fix it?
    Agreed, so what was the fault then?