Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    Hi all, first post here after doing some googling for my issue and finding the alarm guide on the site. Unfortunately I'm in need of a little more help than I can find for myself I think...

I came home late last night and parked up. Got out the car, shut the door and thought I'd got the belt hanging over the sill so opened the door again to tuck it inside. Shut the door again at which point the alarm went off. Luckily the siren was disconnected by the previous owner and all it does now is flash the hazards and do a global close if the roof is down and the windows are open.

The car no longer responds to the remote fob to lock/unlock, however the light on the key comes on when the buttons are pressed. In any case, the spare was tried and nada, so it's not an issue with the key battery. The car also starts so I don't think it's related to the immobiliser either. The only way I could get the alarm to stop last night was to pull the battery.

Reconnected it this morning and it's doing the same again. The previous owner is a friend of mine and suggested trying a reset of the panic system (reset button under the gear-lever gaiter) followed by a press of the unlock button on the fob. Unfortunately this hasn't worked.

I've pulled the glove-box out to do a visual inspection of the wiring behind it in case there's obvious signs of burning or similar. I don't pretend to know what everything behind there does but nothing looks burnt and no fuses have failed that I can see.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try? I need to exhaust every option before having to take it to a garage as finances this month are not looking good. Any ideas would be gratefully received and I can take photos of the wiring etc if it would help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Funk's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    I've unplugged the alarm module and the car's running ok. The central locking still isn't working so I'm wondering whether that's where the fault lies, possibly a switch not confirming everything is shut properly in order for the CL to work? It works with the key in the door though.

I have a feeling this will be a pain to sort...