Car Details
    hugey's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M Roadster
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:
    Hi Guys
    I did an oil service this weekend, I didnt reset the computer as I change the oil at the half way mark . Anyway I did a scan check and it came up with 210 CAN interface fault on the DME ( Misfire on more than 2 Cyls ) so I changed the plugs for new ones ( The old ones looked correct colour all good ) So I did a live data and noticed that bank 1 Oxy sensor heating was all over the place going from 5% to 90% really jumping about very quickly ( bank 2 very settled by the way ), anyway I reset the codes and it came back as 210 CAN Interface

I had noticed a very small misfire but nothing to write home about a while ago I have a new Oxy sensor but I have my doubts that is the problem of the misfire I didnt change it as it is a right pain with no pit or ramps at hand.

Autodata sugests ignition signal resistor where is that hidding so I can check it?
    Or maybe a coil or two packing in slowly ? If it is bank 1 oxy that is showing where the problem may occur I may swop the coils from 1.2.3 to 4.5.6 and see if the oxy 2 fluctuates
    Mechanicaly I was thinking a sticky valve causing the OXY werdness perhaps ? any Ideas comments?
    Anyone had this before and can point me in the right drection

2. Remove Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Bournemouth, Dorset.
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    I "think" the ignition resistor is incorporated in the DME, but not being a sparky, don't hold me to it.

As for the heating circuit on the O2 sensor, if the wiring is good and the power to it is fine then it will be the O2 sensor.