BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1998 E36 318is - Central Locking Upgrade - Help Asap!!

815 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  cheezy88 
#1 ·
Hi folks pretty much I have NO central locking or alarm system on my car, it came like this,

I have a donar car sitting being strip as of now,

I need to know what exactly is needed from the donar car to get all his alarm central locking etc to work on my car??

Can I install this myself?

Advice appreciated!!

#3 ·
I would start by digging through realoem.com to work out what might be there. Bear in mind that the security unit (EWS) is almost certainly coded to the engine management AND the keys, so you'll have some fun there for a start. Beyond that, it really depends what is broken or missing. Have you any idea at all why the system doesn't work? Without analysing the problem you might spend days swapping stuff about and find it still doesn't work.

Reactions: cheezy88
#4 ·
mines just in general doesnt have anything,

there is no red light on console and no stickers on the windows with 'bmw or alarm' or a siren in the engine bay

i am buying a ECU which requires the EWS and key chip from the same person so i would have them installed on my car so its just what else would be required

alarm module - wiring - siren - door locks??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.