BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1997 E36 328i electrical unit and wires in boot

819 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Nik-Gnashers 
#1 ·
I cleaned my boot out today, and removed the battery cover/panel cleaned everything.
On the other side of the boot (the left as you look at the rear of the car) there was another plastic cover/panel, which I removed to clean underneath. There was a couple of small black electrical boxes and some wires, one of which went through a hole in the base of the boot and was just dangling behind my rear bumper ?
Any ideas what it is ?

It looks like an ariel lead but the end has no proper plug on, just a metal disc with the inner part of the coax kinda sticking out the middle rusting away. My gues sis for lightning strips (the ones that hang down) but I may be way off the mark.

There is also a blue cable with ALPINE written on it coming from behind the rear seats into the boot, with a multi-pin plug on the end. Im guessing its for a cd multichanger but it doesnt come out behing the dash anywhere, or if it does I cant find it lol

#6 ·
Thanks ferret, I can see the alpine cable going into the side of the rear seat from the boot, but cant find any trace of it in the car.
If its under the carpet then it can stay there am not ripping everything up just to see where it goes lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.