328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Hi Guys

Been searching but cant find anything. Need to fit a battery cut off to my track car. I have the cut of switch, with 2 large terminals, and then 4 further smaller terminals.

I have a wiring diagram, however this does not take into account that bmws have a second positive feed from the battery.

Does any one have any instructions, best way to wire this in?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    E36Coupe328's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328 + 325
    Year of Manufacture:
    1995 + 1994
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 956 Posts
    No waranty implied or given and not recommending anything but........

I'm guessing you have one thinner wire feeding the cars electrics and a thicker wire feeding the starter solenoid?

If this is so I would separate the thinner wire and feed it forward so that it too is linked to the "engine side" of the cutout switch so the switch separates the battery from all the cars electrics.

Really what you are asking here is the simplest part. Most people initially forget to put the alternator output to the battery side of the switch and end up with one that will not stop the engine once the car is running as it will continue on the charging circuit.

If the thinner wire is not a feed to the rest of the cars electrics as I guessed but is the charging circuit put then it would need to go to the battery side not the engine side so no change.

Additionally you may find you want to use a small fuse across the switch that will blow under much load to keep some electrics alive such as alarm if fitted.

You need to look at a wiring diagram and / or deduce he purpose of the wires before you start.

No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

Free Gas Kit* now fitted to free 328*

*Based on ROI period exceeded