1997 E36 328i - Auto' Window Close.

Notices

Thread: 1997 E36 328i - Auto' Window Close.

Reply to Thread
  1. 1997 E36 328i - Auto' Window Close. 
    Banned
    Car Details
    Ferret's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,958 Times in 1,638 Posts
    Hello again

I've been trying to figure this out - But cannot for the life of me figure it.

What i'm trying to do is the remove the Window Anti-Trap (For which i've posted a How-To on my progress so far). It means swapping the ZKE from my Saloon into Coupe. Everything works as it should, apart from I can't get the passenger window to automatically roll up with the switch. It will roll up if I hold the switch, it'll roll up with the key in the door, and it'll automatically roll up with the alarm.

I've studied the diagrams that TheEnd gave me (http://www.wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm)

Now i've studied the wiring in the Coupe and the wiring in the Saloon, and on both cars, the pins match up the exact same in the connectors from the switch to the input of the ZKE, and they also match from the output of the ZKE to the window motor.

But this is the problem, in the wiring diagrams, for the Coupe, it shows the ZKE for the front windows, and the passenger side Up should be on Pin 9 of the green connector (X1354 ?). But if you scroll down to the 4-door model, it shows Pin 9 should be the Rear passenger door. The diagrams don't show the front windows of the 4-door model ?!?

The switch is 100% working,
    So is the wiring between the switch and ZKE, and ZKE to window motor,
    The ZKE is 100% too.

If anybody can understand what i've wrote, then please help

Thanks,
    Ferret !

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Banned
    Car Details
    Ferret's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,958 Times in 1,638 Posts
    Update - It would appear that I don't need this thread after all.

My alarm was installed "professionally", I have the certificate and receipt to prove it.... But the installer just shoved a wire into one of the connectors on the ZKE, not using one of the correct metal connecting pins that should be in there. It looks like the wire wasn't quite touching the pin in the ZKE correctly.

I've fixed that up, and now I can get the window to roll up automatically, as long as the window does NOT roll ALL the way down. If I roll the window down, but not touch the bottom of the frame (If you understand what I mean), then the window will roll up automatically from the switch.

So it's not a wiring fault to or from the ZKE, it's a wiring fault of the aftermarket alarm. I'm gonna have to unscrew it and pull all the wiring out somehow, and check all connections.

Will report back the results.

Thanks,
    Ferret !

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    E36Coupe328's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328 + 325
    Year of Manufacture:
    1995 + 1994
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 957 Posts
    Silly question time.
    Isn't the anti-trap the bit that makes windows go down if there is something in the way? If so doesn't the saloon have anti-trap safety feature just the same and only miss the 5mm door drop of the coupe?

Re: the window working to close on the alarm I would guess the alarm module puts a longer close pulse on like holding the button so maybe just a defective or marginal door lift?

No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

Free Gas Kit* now fitted to free 328*

*Based on ROI period exceeded