316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Hello

I have a BMW 316i year 1997 3 door hatchback 1596cc petrol.

The battery in my car went completely flat because I left the interior light on (I know). The rescue guy came and gave the battery a charge and it’s working fine now.

As a consequence, every time I open the doors, boot or bonnet or switch the ignition key the alarm goes off with the hazards on for 30 seconds and the telltale light is always flashing indicating the alarm goes into the armed mode and stays there like that until I open any door, boot or bonnet when it goes off again. That means every time you go in or out the car or switch the engine on the alarm goes off and then goes into armed mode again waiting for something to happen. If I drive the car and there is a big bump on the road the alarm goes off again due to the tilt mechanism.

The alarm won't go into disarm mode, it's always on. I obviously disconnected the siren to keep everybody sane.

I was told by the rescue that it needs to be reset but although I have been doing my research and reading this website I haven’t been able to find an answer.

I tried different procedures I found on the internet like disconnecting the battery with every door open, leaving the car for 11 min, putting battery back on but the moment I re connect the battery the alarm goes off and the alarm is armed again.
    http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/3-s...ote-71859.html

I also dismounted the glove box but didn't find any pink cable to ground as suggested by someone else so couldn't complete the procedure.

And I also have read this but I am not sure what to do
    http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...3g-ews-t39173/

I have attached photos of the fob and what is behind the glove box, but I don't have a clue what each thing is. Didn't want to touch anything before asking here.

If someone could give any advise please

Many thanks
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    billywhizz1984's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E36 323i x 3, 325TDS x 1, 320i x 2, 318is x 1
    Year of Manufacture:
    1999 x 2, 1998, 1997 x 2, 1996, 1995
    Transmission Type:
    Manual, Auto, Auto, Manual, Auto, Auto, Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring x 4, Convertible x 2, Coupe x 1
    Images
    Thanks
    The Bimmerworks link is for the US spec alarm so you can ignore it.

You have 3G Mk2, the alarm module is in the metal cage to the left of your photo, mounted vertically with the white & red connectors.

Access the module and reprogram as per the 3G Mk2 part of my guide.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    paulrobo's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    compact

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brsnight View Post
    Hello

I have a BMW 316i year 1997 3 door hatchback 1596cc petrol.

The battery in my car went completely flat because I left the interior light on (I know). The rescue guy came and gave the battery a charge and it’s working fine now.

As a consequence, every time I open the doors, boot or bonnet or switch the ignition key the alarm goes off with the hazards on for 30 seconds and the telltale light is always flashing indicating the alarm goes into the armed mode and stays there like that until I open any door, boot or bonnet when it goes off again. That means every time you go in or out the car or switch the engine on the alarm goes off and then goes into armed mode again waiting for something to happen. If I drive the car and there is a big bump on the road the alarm goes off again due to the tilt mechanism.

The alarm won't go into disarm mode, it's always on. I obviously disconnected the siren to keep everybody sane.

I was told by the rescue that it needs to be reset but although I have been doing my research and reading this website I haven’t been able to find an answer.

I tried different procedures I found on the internet like disconnecting the battery with every door open, leaving the car for 11 min, putting battery back on but the moment I re connect the battery the alarm goes off and the alarm is armed again.
    http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/3-s...ote-71859.html

I also dismounted the glove box but didn't find any pink cable to ground as suggested by someone else so couldn't complete the procedure.

And I also have read this but I am not sure what to do
    http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...3g-ews-t39173/

I have attached photos of the fob and what is behind the glove box, but I don't have a clue what each thing is. Didn't want to touch anything before asking here.

If someone could give any advise please

Many thanks
    Same thing with my 2000 BMW. I changed the main battery after i left a light on, and my alarm is the same as yours. I changed the siren, which made a difference. Now the default setting is alarm on, but at least i can drive the car.

I'm on the verge of disconnecting the alarm completely.