BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1996 E36 318is- EWSII ECu problems (FIXED)

14K views 60 replies 7 participants last post by  Ronnie 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all i have an old 1996 318is [1900 m44 engine].During the recent bad weather the engine ecu was waterlogged and destroyed.[bosch 0 261 203 667].Now being clever or so i thought i went on ebay and purchased a used ecu with the same number...YOU KNOW WHATS COMING NEXT>>> the car wont start now .. It turns over but no go_On speaking to my local bmw expert STANFIELD GARAGE in bournemouth they imform me that the car has a chip in the key and uses the EWSII sytem for immobilisation..GREAT..So what i need to know is if this system can be bypassed to enable the car to run with this new ecu.Or can i swap some chips from my old ecu.. does anyone know which chip holds the code?? I saw a similar post and apparently it can be done so ime begging someone to tell me how please..so i can return the old beemer to the road and not the crusher..I have contacted the seller of the ecu and he does not have the matching ews box or transponder key so ime stuck.Your help would be much appreciated lads...I WOULD BE HAPPY TO RECIEVE THE INFO BY PM IF ANYONE CAN HELP OR I WILL EVEN CALL SOMEONE IF I CAN HAVE THEIR PHONE NUMBER ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.