Model of Car:
    525D SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    I have a 1996 316i 4-door saloon in which the nearside windows failed to work at the same time, I have tested the motors by disconnecting their leads behind the door panels and they are both OK. I have requested help from the forum before but still cannot completely identify whether this model used a Comfort relay or a ZKE control module. I have removed the glove compartment panels and have located the following electronic units.

- The ABS control module
    - Two other modules, one with a blue multi-wire connector and one with a yellow multi-wire connector
    - A blue relay module

I have disconnected in turn both the blue and yellow connectors, but the problem symptoms do not change, ie the near-side windows still do not work but the off-side window still do so I assume these modules have nothing to do with the electric window operation. Removing the relay does stop the off-side windows from working.

Where is the control unit for the windows possibly located or any other suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Do you have this module behind the glovebox. The one with the black, yellow and green plug?
    Attached Images

4. 316i Window Problem 
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    portcul1sbmw's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    525D SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Gildersol

Thankyou for replying. The units with the Green and Yellow connectors are behind the passenger Glove Box, there are only these two units there. As I mentioned in my original note, disconnecting either of these two connectors does not seem to affect the operation of the working side of the car so I assume if there is a window control unit it is located somewhere else