Car Details
    redbaron1@homecall.co.uk's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    525iSE E34 M50
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:

Southend on Sea
    1996 BMW 525i E34. Car always starts instantly every morning. When the car gets hot the ignition will not operate. Generally by locking and unlocking the door several times, I can get it to start. At one time it only did it in the Summer, but now it is getting worse and does it in the Winter as well, but not as badly as in the Summer. I have always thought that this was immobiliser related. I sometimes hear a click after a time and it will then start. Sometimes when it is really bad, I open the bonnet and bang the immobiliser unit, lift the back seat and move what moves and bang what doesn't, then it starts and it makes me feel better anyway! The offside rear window does not open. A new development is that when I lock the doors electronically, the driver's door catch either fails to go down or springs back up. I have looked at the european transmission.com hyperlink and I have never had one of those Transponder keys.

2. Remove Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Bournemouth, Dorset.
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Have you ever had any problems when driving the car? cut out? loss of power?

Also have you had any electrical problems? wipers pack up or sun roof or windows and then start working again?