328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Hey guys

Iv just been playing around with my car again because the windows will not auto up to the top. All the electrical system is fine as it starts to go up but it stops and lowers itself in a few different places (As if something was trapped in it).

I have managed to get my driver one working 90% of the time by greasing the hell out of the mechanism but no matter what i do to the passenger side i can not get it to auto up to the top. When u hold the button u can hear 3 points where the motor begins to struggle and those 3 points are where it drops.

This is the third time iv had my door cards off and tried to fix it this month and im fed up of it.. Is there any way to link out the safeties on it?? I have no kids to worry about getting trapped in them and my passengers are never stupid enuf to get themselves caught in it..

Its only a small fault that doesn't bother me too much because i know how to deal with it but its embarrassing every time i get someone new in the car who has to spend 10 mins trying to get the window closed!

Please help?

Thanks

To-do list:
    1JZ-GTE conversion, Z3 rack, poly bush, Respray.

Done list:
    Short shifter, M50 manifold, Headlights, Induction kit, Front+Rear strut braces, Carbon badges, M3 diffuser, Illuminated gear knob, Body work (Rust ETC), Smoked LED Rears. Trims painted black, 18 button OBC, Dash rings, Adjustable rear camber arms, EBC brakes, New rims, M3 mirrors, Adjustable top mounts, Coil overs, ICE, Exhaust, LSD.
    See my project thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    DragonLogicX's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i Sport Coupe & 328i SE Saloon & M3 Coupe
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998 & 1996 & 1997
    Transmission Type:
    All Manual :D
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe, Saloon & Coupe
    Thanks
    There are a couple of things you could try....

Change the blue relay that's behind the glove box

Clean the metal casing/window motor & runners (will need to remove the torx screws and manually slide the window down a bit, but remember when you put it all back together to make sure that the window is NOT fully up when you close the door)

If the above two don't work, (usually the cleaning bit is all you need) then look at replacing the window regulators.

Hope that helps mate.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DragonLogicX For This Useful Post:

Daler69 (17-03-2011)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    dangreen's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328 Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hey,

Funnily enough I've just got back in from some success with my windows. Had the problem ever since I had the car. I have basically replaced the regulator (scissor arm) degreased and regreased with lithium grease the gear mechinism inside the motor. Degreased all the runners and again regreased with lithium grease replaced the clips that hold the regulator to the bottom of the window. Hey presto the window now works perfectly!! Degreasing the runners inside the door and changing the clips are the key to getting this very common problem sorted I think!