318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Vert
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,502 Times in 1,391 Posts
    No problem mate, Any electrical shop will do them. Should cost a few pence each. Make sure you don't get zenner diodes though cos there abit different

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    bmwe36violet's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330ci m sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe in imola red
    Thanks
    hey mate just to let you know it still has no locking with the new alarm i cant find a current in 13 or 4 or a blip when i put locking down?i tryed hooking the alarm up to them and the yellow to perminent live with nothing happening at all on the centrol locking i used 13 and 4 from the zke plug yellow middle one tryed to swap it around even tryed blipping a live to these too it just doesnt wanna know very wierd im so lost im thinking of taking this up now to my electrical guy but it will come at cost i just know it as im on a tight budget as iv already spent 1400 this month on other parts but on the good side alarm works lovely on the alarm side and the centrol locking works with key but would have been nice having the centrol locking on fob lol i havent had the change to wire up the window module but the car has one i tryed the key in the lock position and window went up so thats another good thing iv found the diodes you mean thanks for that no diy project seems simple no more for me i dunno if you have anymore ideas please get back to me anyone

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330ci m sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe in imola red
    Thanks
    just been looking at another post on here hope they dont mind me using there link but iv noticed now this bmw has a different setup under the glovebox area mine starting from left to right on the 3 connectors black connector yellow and greeny colour not like these one shown here http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...2&d=1268174357 shown that is black pinky/red greeny colour also wire colours look a little different i can see in the picture theres some wiring cliped on the middle pinky colour connector the yellow connector iv been trying from is in the same position to the pink one mabie i have a different setup? if so can anyone help!!

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    shamM3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Vert
    Thanks
    ^^ The yellow colour plug is what I have aswell an mines a sept '96 car. I think the purple/pink plug are for later cars but they do the same thing anyway, just a different colour.

Did you use the numbers on the yellow plug, there really small but IIRC pin one is bottom right. The only other thing I can think off if there not locking off the fob is faulty door actuators but you say ist locking off the key. Have you tryed locking/opening from the passenger side?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shamM3 For This Useful Post:

bmwe36violet (25-03-2010)

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    shamM3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Vert
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwe36violet View Post
    hey mate just to let you know it still has no locking with the new alarm i cant find a current in 13 or 4 or a blip when i put locking down?i tryed hooking the alarm up to them and the yellow to perminent live with nothing happening at all on the centrol locking i used 13 and 4 from the zke plug yellow middle one tryed to swap it around even tryed blipping a live to these too it just doesnt wanna know very wierd im so lost im thinking of taking this up now to my electrical guy but it will come at cost i just know it as im on a tight budget as iv already spent 1400 this month on other parts but on the good side alarm works lovely on the alarm side and the centrol locking works with key but would have been nice having the centrol locking on fob lol i havent had the change to wire up the window module but the car has one i tryed the key in the lock position and window went up so thats another good thing iv found the diodes you mean thanks for that no diy project seems simple no more for me i dunno if you have anymore ideas please get back to me anyone
    from your alarm wires you'll need to connect the yellow and yellow/black to permenant positive. It should work then

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shamM3 For This Useful Post:

bmwe36violet (25-03-2010)

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330ci m sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe in imola red
    Thanks
    thanks mate for the reply iv so far given up for now iv just been arming it and locking it manualy but i however iv tryed locking from passenger door and that works fine i took to connector out the yellow plug and deffenatly sourced the 4 and 13 on the middle yellow plug but when u say using the other plug i can use IIRC plug were exactly is that located in the picture? as im not 100% sure were that is? might have better luck from there mabie so isit same sort of setup pin 4 and 13 on that if so ill have a go.Im now thinking my idle valve is playing up as it keeps cutting out when i break hard and also the rubber propshaft coupling is split and wobbles bad im not having much luck with this car such a shame poor car was boy raced by previos owner and has ruined so many parts im in the process of replacing everything hes distroyed haha

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330ci m sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe in imola red
    Thanks
    alarm central locking sorted my yellow wires went to perminent live then from that i used the zke 26 pin yellow plug i used pin 4 which is re/blue/yellow wire for lock and pin 17 which hasnt a wire going into it for unlock i had to take the yellow connector appart to do this with that i now have cental locking there are different setups mine was the IR setup i found this as mine had a IR on my key but the setup is the same if you havent but the colours of wires might be slightly diffent and 17 pin may have a wire if anyone else is having trouble with setting there alarm up for centrol locking

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bmwe36violet For This Useful Post:

shamM3 (26-03-2010)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12