Model of Car:
    e46 330ci m sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe in imola red
    Thanks
    Hello i recently bought an alarm of ebay thinking it be good fun in fitting but it hasnt iv managed to fit the alarm and get it working very well but im having great difficaulty trying to get the cental locking part of the alarm hooked up im no auto electrician but i have a fair understanding of how things go but this 1ns baffling me firstly from what i can see from the module theres black white wire for unlock and white green for lock thats what im thinking anyway theres loads of other wires anyway but they have live from the locking from the drivers door.Now im guessing that the bmws have positive trigger setup im not 100 pursent sure if im right anyway the alarm iv bought is this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_7591wt_1111 on
    ebay and it has wiring diagram showing the centrol locking setup on there all i need is to what wire goes were on alarm wires to central locking module or wear evers best for them to go any help will be much appreciated or diagrams cheers mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    shamM3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Vert
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,502 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Your correct its a pos trigger. Its pin 4 and 13 on the zke module. Middle plug out of the top 3 Can't remember which way around but IIRC pin 4 was unlock and pin 13 was lock.

I wouldn't trust that alarm to lock itself after walking 2 metres away lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shamM3 For This Useful Post:

bmwe36violet (23-03-2010)

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    bmwe36violet's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330ci m sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe in imola red
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=shamM3;346242]Your correct its a pos trigger. Its pin 4 and 13 on the zke module. Middle plug out of the top 3 Can't remember which way around but IIRC pin 4 was unlock and pin 13 was lock.

I wouldn't trust that alarm to lock itself after walking 2 metres away lol [/QUOTE
    Thanks m8 i think i have an idea now so im guessing that pin 4 is for the yellow or black yellow or 13 vice versor from the alarm colours in diagram ill check this on car tommorow with a multimeter and pin 4 and 13 for white or white black vice versor ill prob get it wrong way around and it will unlock when i want it to lock. .Umm so far with the alarm its said what it said on the box iv walked away and its said alarm armed and walked to it and its said alarm disarmed so far so good it has warrenty from the supplyer so all good so far but if it goes wong it wont take me to mins to rip it out and put another one in just hope if it does wrong its at home and not in tescos car park any other advise will be great mate cheers mark

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    shamM3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Vert
    Thanks
    Right get that sorted and let us know how you get on

Need anymore help just give shout/scream/rant in this thread lol, I fitted a Toad ai606 to my car with no problems. Just needed a few dioides here and there because of the doors switches using the same wire on the car but different on the alarm. But yours looks straigh forward enough

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shamM3 For This Useful Post:

bmwe36violet (23-03-2010)

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330ci m sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe in imola red
    Thanks
    cheers mate just looked again at the diagram do the yellow and yellow/black go to continuos live or do they also go on the middle yellow zke plug? there the ones that are baffling me i sorted figured half of it out but im getting more and more confused with it but thanks for the advise for pin 4 and 13 ill have a look at them tommorow i beleave they are for my white black wire and solid white from my alarm just these yellow wires i have no clue to i though if it had a possitive live it would have run from the alarm at all times and wouldnt have needed yellow and yellow black to go to a possitive connection i wish now i got a clifford or a toad mate as atleast the wiring diagrams and explanitory gave u more of an idea thanks again for your time

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    shamM3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Vert
    Thanks
    yellow/black and yellow will both go to constant positive - You can use the purple/green thick wire on pin one of the black plug in the car (top left) IIRC. Or you could just join to your alarm red positive wire after the fuse.

Your white/black and white are the only two wires that will attach to pin 4 or 13 depending which way round they need to go. Use the cig lighter for a quick test by pulsing pin 4 and see if it locks or unlocks.

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330ci m sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe in imola red
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shamM3 View Post
    yellow/black and yellow will both go to constant positive - You can use the purple/green thick wire on pin one of the black plug in the car (top left) IIRC. Or you could just join to your alarm red positive wire after the fuse.

Your white/black and white are the only two wires that will attach to pin 4 or 13 depending which way round they need to go. Use the cig lighter for a quick test by pulsing pin 4 and see if it locks or unlocks.
    right now u just made that realy easy for me but i was using brown green i think with yellow stripes in it today for the 2 yellow wires for a continuos live most likely the same or i supose i can use the alarm main feed for yellow wires i dunno im happy now im getting a helpful person to guide me ill have it done in the mid afternoon if i find the time cheers mate

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330ci m sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe in imola red
    Thanks
    sorry there was 1 more wire i forgot to mension its the red/black wire from alarm its ment for power windows its only a singuler wire for this will i need a moduel for this or can i use 1 in the bmw?

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    shamM3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Vert
    Thanks
    If your car window go up when keeping the key turned in the lock position in the drivers door then you already have an window module fitted. So all you'll need to do is connect that window wire to your lock pin (pin 13 IIRC) but use a diode so you don't send feedback to your alarm (shouldn't do any harm but i'd always recomend it to be on the safe side)

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330ci m sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe in imola red
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shamM3 View Post
    If your car window go up when keeping the key turned in the lock position in the drivers door then you already have an window module fitted. So all you'll need to do is connect that window wire to your lock pin (pin 13 IIRC) but use a diode so you don't send feedback to your alarm (shouldn't do any harm but i'd always recomend it to be on the safe side)
    ok sounds spot on m8 so i gather i can buy these diodes from a car electrical supplyer or car shop? your a great help keep it up m8 i owe you cheers mate regards mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast