My temp gauge intermittantly cuts out.
It can often be brought back by slapping the top of the dash or touching the front of the cluster.
Additionally sometimes when reading but obviously not quite connecting properly as reading a little low the needle "ticks" with the indicator on so indicating a potential "common earthing" problem
- Does the dash earth at all through mounting screws / tags or just the loom? (Hardly likely but physically moving the cluster appear to help so asking)
- Is this a typical fault?
- If I remove the lower dash do I have a hope of reaching the back of the cluster to see if the connectors are secure?
- Do these cars take offence at cluster removal if the battery is not connected BUT the ignition is never turned on during the process?
- Are the clusters tied to the car in any way?
- And if so are they modular, like you can swap everything but the service module or circuit board but all gauges are free?