BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1995 E36 323i - Coupe 15A Fuel pump fuse melted??

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TheEnd 
#1 ·
As per the title, I've been upgrading my origina fuses to new ones as I've had some electrical issues. I opened the fuse box today to check them and the 15 amp fuse for the fuel pump has melted, not blown though but it's clearly running too hot, what could cause this problem?

Should I change the fuse for a higher ampage one to allow more current to run though or put another 15 amp one in and see what happens?

#3 ·
couls this be the cause of "hiccuping" when the engine has been running for about 5 mins? i.e, the fuel pump temporarily not working? it only does it occasionally and only after about 5 mins of running from cold then it's normal again. I'll find a spare 15 amp then.

#4 ·
where is the fuel pump? how do I get to the connections?

#6 ·
cheers I'll check the connections. I've just recently changed the fuel filter too, the old one was really mucky, black petrol came out of it! so hopefully that's made some difference.....

#7 ·
it seems it was just a dodgy fuse, I have replaced it with another 15 amper and it's been fine, done about 50 miles since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.