Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    hi everyone i am new to the forum and this is my first post,so ill get my introductions over with later.

i bought a 1995 e36 318 coupe last year,had had only one lady owner from new,and up until three weeks ago has been absolutely flawless and my pride and joy,the alarm however has always been emotional and as soon as it has been set it off the fob the alarm goes off,because of this i never set the alarm and only used the fob to set then unset the alarm and immobiliser so i could start the car,always locking it with the key instead. however three weeks ago i locked the car with the key as always,but then when i went to drive it later i went to do what i always do press the fob to set the alarm and then again to unset it,but it wouldnt work. i figured the infared between the fob and the car was being emotional,so unlocked the car with the key,got in and aimed the fob right near where the infared is....after about 15 minutes of gently trying i eventually squeezed the fob to the degree i thought it may actually crush....and the alarm finally engaged!brilliant.....except when i tried again to disactivate the alarm and immobiliser on the fob nothing happened,and the emotional alarm started going off as i said before. i changed the batteries in the fob even though the red button was still lighting up,and took less than a minute, but this has done nothing.so at the minute whenever the car battery is connected the alarm goes off!and the car wont start as it is immobilised. i have scoured the forum and have been amazed by the info and knowledge available on here.I have tried pretty much anything i have read about my system to start the car,but the car still wont unimmobilise. iv checked all the fuses,iv checked the dme and it is bone dry,iv tried disconnecting the alarm system completely,and tried to bypass the alarm but it didnt work. If anyone has any information that can help me get my pride and joy back on the road it would be greatly appreciated,i dont care if the alarm or immobiliser doesnt work anymore,i am just getting extremely frustrated that my e36 has been sat as an ornament what feels like forever on the drive,and i cant figure out a way to start it.before this the car has been amazing!:(
    the system thats in the car is the dreaded T3 system (sigma i believe),the fob is a one button rectangular fob,the car is a 1995 e36 coupe made in july 1995,if anyone has any information at all they can share with me it would be greatly appreciated.
    many thanks in advance guys,and keep up the good work,this forum is brilliant.

Kind regards
    Gavin

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Car Details
    edber's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 520D LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    AUTOMATIC
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    There is a good guide in the general bmw discussions section titled E36 ALARM IDENTIFICATION GUIDE - 3T,2T,3G EWS.
    It was posted in 18-02-2010.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to edber For This Useful Post:

gavulous (16-12-2013)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    gavulous's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by edber View Post
    There is a good guide in the general bmw discussions section titled E36 ALARM IDENTIFICATION GUIDE - 3T,2T,3G EWS.
    It was posted in 18-02-2010.
    cheers for the help mate,iv read the guide already and as informative as it was it didnt sort my porblem. thanks for the help though ,genuinely appreciated.

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Car Details
    edber's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 520D LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    AUTOMATIC
    Car Body Type:
    saloon