Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    devos6942's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:

Sydney, Australia
    I have a 95 e36 318i and I have noticed over the last couple of days that the battery light has been just barely flashing, Then today all of a sudden I had a slow loss of power it doesn't want to accelerate it revs higher and then it dies the instrument cluster goes first then the fuel pump and it eventually stops idles in drive then dies. I jump started it with the help of a stranger I always carry my leads. It felt like normal so I thought great so I drove for about 5 kilometres then it done the same. Done this process three more time till i was able to get it home. Any ideas will be great. The few ideas I have had are maybe the alternator
    also could be the fact there is an opening that I can viually see to the leads of my dme and computer but it has not been a problem yet
    Tried to trace anything that maybe shortening out the battery and I also forgot to say It felt as though the engine bay was a little hotter than the norm though it didn't become apparent when I jump started it from the engine bay the first time. So has this lead to other components that need the electrical system working properly failing and overheating.
    It's not the battery as I carry two extra of those also.
    Damn why do I bother
    Any help appreciated Thanks.. Karen
    I need an upgrade but Shhh dont tell my car...

2. Remove Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    billywhizz1984's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E36 323i x 3, 325TDS x 1, 320i x 2, 318is x 1
    Year of Manufacture:
    1999 x 2, 1998, 1997 x 2, 1996, 1995
    Transmission Type:
    Manual, Auto, Auto, Manual, Auto, Auto, Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring x 4, Convertible x 2, Coupe x 1
    North East
    What is the actual condition of the battery? Could be a failed cell which would give almost enough voltage to run the car but not enough amperage to start it.