BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1995 530i Saloon Hazards come on when indicating left or right (when throttle is pressed!)

757 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  edber 
#1 ·
I have a 1995 530i and would really appreciate some help, as this seems like a difficult problem!:

If any power is applied to the throttle, then when I indicate left or right, the hazards come on. The dominant indicator flashes first, then the opposite. (ie: when you indicate left, the left indicator comes on and then almost immediately followed by a brief flash of the right indicator light).

A friend spliced several boot loom wires that had broken which had caused failures with the reg plate lights, reverse lights and some indicator issues too, but we have just one problem left - the problem listed above.

I know the car has a Hazard Unit and a Throttle Switch. Could these be the problems? I do not think that it is an earthing problem because the opposite indicator comes on full strength etc etc.

When I press the Hazard Lights button, they come on perfectly.

When at a standstill with the engine running, as long as no power is applied to the throttle, the indicators work perfectly..

Please help if you can! :confused

Thanks a lot

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.