BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1994 E36 318IS-white dial kit

Tags
318iswhite
2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  SIDEWAYZ 
#1 ·
i dont know if this is in the right area..
its auto electrical because its to do with the dash board
does any body know how to kit a dial kit in the cluster panel without knocking anything out of sink..
e.g. speedo or revs counter because i want to fit the fit my self not a garage got a quote 75quid to do it f"ck that.
directions would be most gratefull cheers people:)

#9 ·
the cut out kit i have i have to remove the plastic panel aswell..what if i remove the needles theyl jump out off postion wont they...i dont wana do it and the bugger winds up like the dam vauxhall nova lol

#11 ·
Teaspoons either side of the needles does work, the trick is to get them back on in the correct place though. I had alot of hassle before..

If you have to take needles off my advice would be to take photos of where they are before taking them off (with ignition off).(ignition on) Also take a photo of your fuel gauge, your temp gauge (when at normal running temp) and what revs the engine is doing at a certain speed and check what that speed is on a sat nav. This way you can make sure you get the speedo right first with the sat nav, match the revs to the speedo etc. Good luck!

#12 ·
f"ck that i aint doing it nah not doing all that for the sake off geting it all right first time ill be there for ever. well i orederd some new dash led bulbs anyway bright white ill stay with the black dials..
i work with a led company so im trick with tricky things but not messing with dials
nah
well they only cost 5quid so not to bad sell them on if anyone is intrested pm me
free delivery.
just put blue leds in the window switches ill put pic up soon and guide how to.
thanks for the help people.
i STILL like white dials just dont wana mess around

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.