Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Today I attempted to install an aftermarket remote central locking kit to my coupe.
    Took me a while to work out what wires did what, but finally managed to get it working. But I'm stumpted now, the install manual which came with the kit said to install a (yellow) wire to the signal lights from the remote module, for visual lock/unlock confirmation... but had no schematic on how to do this.
    I thought it would be easy enough to just tap into the hazard warning switch, only to find I could only get the left signal to blink...

Any ideas on how I tap into both sides of signals?

I also purchased an automatic window rollup module, which really pissed me off whilst trying to install... It was a quick and easy install...
    Snip the Black/White wire to the drivers window switch, connect blue/white from the module to switch wire and blue to other snipped end, blue/black goes to ground... Red to 12v Permanent live, Grey to trigger (The remote kit has a trigger output which is connected to this...)
    5 Mins, job done... Took the keys out of the ignition and got out the car feeling rather pleased with my handy work and locked up... Sweet, or not... Windows didn't rollup... Got back in the car, checked all connections, all seemed fine, checked fuses, all ok... put keys back in the ignition tested the switches, they were fine... Locked myself into the car with the remote.... Sodding windows rolled up...
    It then hit me, on opening the door the zke kills the live to the window switches... Soooo, I tried to be clever and modded the wiring into the 45 degree door key switch... Only to find that the rollup module acts as a passive switch, meaning it's always on until the trigger pulses, so couldn't open the windows...
    Am I being really retarded or is there a simple way to get the windows to rollup when I press the lock button on the fob?!

Can I always have a permanent live to the window switches?

Please help! I need to sort this by Monday, otherwise I won't have the time to do it until a week next saturday!...

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    gibsondude's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Right, I've got the Hazards flashing now by tapping into the 24pin Clifford alarm plug located under the drivers side dash...

Is there anyway to tap into the auto rollup from the alarm connector?

As I said earlier, the remote central locking kit has a Negative pulse for winding up windows when the lock button is held...

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    billywhizz1984's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E36 323i x 3, 325TDS x 1, 320i x 2, 318is x 1
    Year of Manufacture:
    1999 x 2, 1998, 1997 x 2, 1996, 1995
    Transmission Type:
    Manual, Auto, Auto, Manual, Auto, Auto, Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring x 4, Convertible x 2, Coupe x 1
    Images
    Thanks
    Found this using the search function....

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...871/page3.html

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    gibsondude's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    I also found the same thread using the search function... But it isn't relevant to my situation...
    Doesn't matter now anyway, finally got it sorted... Had to use a relay to force the central arrest... all kooky dookie now.