1994 E36 318i - Need an ECU for E36 auto - Page 2

Notices
 

Thread: 1994 E36 318i - Need an ECU for E36 auto

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1.  
    #11
    Bfuk Legend
    Car Details
    RJB328i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    350i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1989
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    2 door vert
    RJB328i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    surrey
    Posts
    5,675
    Thanks
    7,052
    Thanked 6,626 Times in 4,238 Posts
    as steve said
    didsconnect the exhaust from the manifold and then rev the car, you never know, you could also check the excit pipe to feel how much gas is being released, keep us in the picture mate
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #12
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    JacobTheAmish's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1994
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I have found the problem!!!

    The plug (with like 50 connectors on it) which goes to the ecu needs replacing. The camshaft ground is not connecting properly.

    Any ideas on where to find a replacement ecu plug? and wiring diagram?
     
     

  4.  
    #13
    BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    steve23002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Buckingham
    Posts
    11,712
    Thanks
    8,589
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobTheAmish View Post
    I have found the problem!!!

    The plug (with like 50 connectors on it) which goes to the ecu needs replacing. The camshaft ground is not connecting properly.

    Any ideas on where to find a replacement ecu plug? and wiring diagram?
    Is it on the wiring loom itself or the ECU Jacob?..

    Glad you are getting somewhere mate...
     
     

  5.  
    #14
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    JacobTheAmish's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1994
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Its the 88 pin connector steve, the actually plug which goes into the ecu.

    Any ideas where to find a wiring diagram?
     
     

  6.  
    #15
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    JacobTheAmish's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1994
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1236098671.jpg

    Like this but with 88pins for e36 m43 ecu
     
     

  7.  
    #16
    BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    steve23002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Buckingham
    Posts
    11,712
    Thanks
    8,589
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    TBH Jacob, I think you would be well off to get a decent second hand engine loom mate. You should be able to get a replacement for bout £30. Its a bit off hassle to change it, but better than trying to take the plug apart and trying to fix that...
     
     

  8.  
    #17
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    JacobTheAmish's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1994
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve23002 View Post
    TBH Jacob, I think you would be well off to get a decent second hand engine loom mate. You should be able to get a replacement for bout £30. Its a bit off hassle to change it, but better than trying to take the plug apart and trying to fix that...
    I'm quite a techie guy but no mechanic. How easy is it to change the whole loom. I have a wide selection of tools but nothing specialist. Is this a job that can be done on the driveway
     
     

  9.  
    #18
    BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    steve23002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Buckingham
    Posts
    11,712
    Thanks
    8,589
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobTheAmish View Post
    I'm quite a techie guy but no mechanic. How easy is it to change the whole loom. I have a wide selection of tools but nothing specialist. Is this a job that can be done on the driveway
    They are not too bad to do Jacob. You will have to remove the top half of the inlet manifold to get to the plug blocks underneath, but as you know the main plug disconnects from the ecu. If you are unsure you can mark each connector block where it goe. TBH when you lay the loom on the engine most of the plug blocks fall in the correct area...
    Do you have a haynes manual?

    Try quarry motors for an engine loom....
     
     

  10.  
    #19
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    JacobTheAmish's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1994
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve23002 View Post
    They are not too bad to do Jacob. You will have to remove the top half of the inlet manifold to get to the plug blocks underneath, but as you know the main plug disconnects from the ecu. If you are unsure you can mark each connector block where it goe. TBH when you lay the loom on the engine most of the plug blocks fall in the correct area...
    Do you have a haynes manual?

    Try quarry motors for an engine loom....
    I'm gonna give it a go, managed to pick one up off ebay last night for £25. Seller says its in good nick, certainly looks better than the loom currently in the car. I'll let you know how I get on. Speacial thanks to Ralph and Steve
     
     

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to JacobTheAmish For This Useful Post:

    RJB328i (21-04-2010)

  12.  
    #20
    BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    steve23002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Buckingham
    Posts
    11,712
    Thanks
    8,589
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobTheAmish View Post
    I'm gonna give it a go, managed to pick one up off ebay last night for £25. Seller says its in good nick, certainly looks better than the loom currently in the car. I'll let you know how I get on. Speacial thanks to Ralph and Steve
    Please do let us know. If you have any probs send me a PM....
     
     

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts