Model of Car:
    316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi, we were drving along the other day and noticed the speedometer had stopped working. Drove the car a few hours later and it was ok again. A couple of days later was using the wipers and they starting going a lot faster than they should in the fast mode, and the speedo stopped working again, jiggled the stalk about a bit and it seemed to get everything working, but next time the car was used it happened again, and have not been able to get them working since then. Last week I had a LED replaced beind the milecar.jpgcar1.jpgcar2.jpgcar3.jpgcar5.jpgcar4.jpgcar6.jpgcar7.jpgcar8.jpgcar9.jpgage display, and thought they could have knocked something loose, but they says its not connected. Its booked in with an auto-electrician next week, but wanted to know what I could be dealing with before it goes in, or if its something I could do myself?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Dez-Derek's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e39 523i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic/Steptronic
    Car Body Type:
    Sedan/Saloon
    Thanks
    I don't know if this applies to earlier e36s or non SE models, but my wipers go according to what speed I am going. (i.e. If i have them on the intermittent setting, the faster i drive, the less delay for the next wipe and if I am stopped, then the delay time is quite long)....Maybe if you fix your speedometer, that will fix the wiper problem.

Driven by experience and pleasure