BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1993 E36 318i wont start or lock

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kembiff 
#1 ·
My friends 1993 bmw318i has quite a few electrical issues like the elec windows and sunroof wont work. When trying to sort this out we removed the relays in turn with the ignition on to try and isolate the correct relay. (All seemed to work fine, but....)

That was a big mistake because now it won't start. The central locking has also stopped working so we wondered if this was linked and was an immobiliser / security issue. (I dont even know if it has an immobiliser!) I have checked all the fuses which are fine.:confused

The engine turns over strongly but shows no signs of starting at all. I really could do with soime help on this one because I feel a bit responsible for egging him on to try and solve the (less important) electric window problems).

Perhaps I should also say that the car is a left hand drive one originally registered in Belgium and now living in the south of France.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.