Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    Your last post said that it now locks the car, but doesn't unlock - That suggests theres nothing wrong with the fob.

You also say that the carpet is wet and corroded wires - Check the rear foot wells too, theres wiring under there. It might be why it won't unlock !

ok ill explain better the fob doesnt work at all it used too, the car locks and unlocks from the door and the boot locks and unlocks too but if i lock the car from the boot it locks but doesnt unlock the car it just unlocks the boot is this normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Banned
    Car Details
    Ferret's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,958 Times in 1,638 Posts
    aaahhhhh, I see what you mean.... To be honest, i'm not too sure how to cure it.

I have a similar issue, all my doors lock and unlock from the doors and the boot locks and unlocks - But, I can't lock or unlock the car by central locking from the boot. But it's never bothered me. I've done all the usual checks, and I have no visable wire damage !

For the key fob, have you had a look at Billys guide for "alarm identification" ? If not, have a quick search of the forums, and your answers should be in that thread

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    dan 320i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    aaahhhhh, I see what you mean.... To be honest, i'm not too sure how to cure it.

I have a similar issue, all my doors lock and unlock from the doors and the boot locks and unlocks - But, I can't lock or unlock the car by central locking from the boot. But it's never bothered me. I've done all the usual checks, and I have no visable wire damage !

For the key fob, have you had a look at Billys guide for "alarm identification" ? If not, have a quick search of the forums, and your answers should be in that thread
    cheers mate the boot thing im not sure about for u the fob worked before the water damage im not sure but ill check more in the floor. ive just done a full chassis loom rewire from in a 91 to a 95 signature loom and took the dead 2.0 litre out to drop in the 2.8 from a 96 coupe, the only reason i changed the loom was for the ews to run the 2.8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12