Hey everyone. Wondered if anybody could help me answer a (hopefully simple) question.
Battery died on my 1990 535i last week and after a £100 quote for a new one I decided to check out the local scrapyad for a second hand one.
I showed the guy the old battery and told him what it was for. The battery he gave me was smaller but seemed to work fine for a few days.
Last night whilst driving, my stereo went off and this morning the battery was dead again. I thought maybe I had a short in the stereo wiring so I have re-wired all of that and there is DEFINATELY not a problem there anymore, however, today exactly the same thing has happened and when I turned the car off, it wouldnt start again!
The battery seems to be holding a charge right now of 11.4V but earlier today it was holding a charge of 13.6V.
Is it likely that the battery I have is not powerful enough for the car and its accessories? When it cuts out I am using lights and heater etc.
The number on the battery label reads 74mAh whereas my old one read 90mAh.