Suspension for Look or Suspension for Performance?

Notices

Thread: Suspension for Look or Suspension for Performance?

Reply to Thread
  1. Suspension for Look or Suspension for Performance? 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    MeisterR's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Just wondering of the owners out there, who get suspension purely for lowering and look, and who get suspension for performance?

I guess another way to phase the questions will be how many people purchase mid / high end suspension such as KW Variant 2, Bilstein PSS9, etc.

What do you do with your car? Do you take it on regular track days or you are just after better fast road performance with ability to adjust the ride height?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

3. Suspension for Look or Suspension for Performance? 
    BFuk Mankini Crew Member #1
    Car Details
    niall_farley's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E36 318is, e39 523i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998, 1999
    Transmission Type:
    Manual, manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe, 'loon
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,341 Times in 1,088 Posts
    I have bilstein b4 shocks with eibach pro springs and it looks good and very comfy to drive and also just been to a track and handled VERY well mate so I would recomend that set up but it depends what you want mate by what everyone else wants! Check project threads on here an find the look you like and just ask the question mate or look for what they have
    to fast to live
    to young to die

click hear for extreme bbw punishment......

Bfuk Legend
    Car Details
    RJB328i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    350i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    2 door vert
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,626 Times in 4,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeisterR View Post
    Just wondering of the owners out there, who get suspension purely for lowering and look, and who get suspension for performance?

I guess another way to phase the questions will be how many people purchase mid / high end suspension such as KW Variant 2, Bilstein PSS9, etc.

What do you do with your car? Do you take it on regular track days or you are just after better fast road performance with ability to adjust the ride height?
    Hi MeisterR
    Dont you sell shocks mate???? as the name rings a bell

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    MeisterR's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB328i View Post
    Hi MeisterR
    Dont you sell shocks mate???? as the name rings a bell
    I am a bit surprise that someone heard of me outside of the Japanese and Mini tuning community.

We do offer performance coilovers suspension, but we are mainly in the Performance Japanese sector.
    We have been working with the BMW Mini for a while now and was helping them doing Time Attack last year.

We have been developing suspension for the E36, E46, and M3.

One reason I like to join forums is to offer discount to the community and at the same time provide technical support where I can.
    But looking at the chassis forum, I question if I have the right product for the community as our suspension are medium priced performance suspension.

While lowering range are important (as with any car), performance is one of our main concerns.
    Which is why I want to ask the community what they want to see if I have the right products to offer.

One thing I do is that I will always try to offer the best advice for members.
    Sometime it is MeisterR products, sometime it is not.

But one thing I do not do is willingly offer the wrong advice.
    If I know there is a better solution and it isn't MeisterR, I am more than happy to point the members to that direction.

And of course, while I am here please feel free to ask me any questions and I'll be happy to assist in anyway I can.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeisterR For This Useful Post:

RJB328i (07-10-2011),Snowdog (17-10-2011)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    brian330i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330 ci M-Tech sport manual
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001 "Y"
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Hi MeisterR, With reference to your question look or performance in my opinion i would go for look.
    I like the slightly lower at the rear end look as it looks like the cars doing 100 mph standing still but also want something thats going to last. With the state of the roads today i can't understand why anyone would go for performance eg rock hard as my car a 330i M-Tech sport coupe 2001 on a Y plate is already knocking my fillings out as it is,and if you push it round bends all that happens then is it skips which is not good. Having said that it's done 104000 miles and is probably the original suspension from new.My local BMW dealer tells me that there were 3 types of suspension for my car 1, comfort 2,sport 3, M-Tech which according to them my car is fitted with the M-Tech type. Iv'e been looking at the Eibach + Bilstein shocks known as the B12 set up but this gives the front end the slightly lower pose which is not what yes i know it gives better turn in but we are driving on knackered roads i would prefer the sport rear springs which sit lower with the pro kit fronts but doubt they would do this for me.Also iv'e noticed Meyle do shocks and was wondering if these were any good so will be asking on here for info.Sorry to waffle on but you asked the question for info on peoples opinion and i think the morgority of people use their cars for normal every day driving and not track days a bit risky.

rm1
    Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    rm1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    i am only interested in performance i run H+R kit on my 330.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Addymk2's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    I ran Meisters on my last car and have to say, as much as it shocks me to do so, the product was so much better than the Eibach coilovers I'm running now. But that's just my opinion based on the fact that the Meisters felt overall a lot more controlled and didn't kick themselves to pieces on a fast road drive! Haha

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    SmokeyShiva's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530 d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    I've a 2002 E39 530d on a set of Apex RDX(think thats the name) coilovers for nearly 1 yr now, speed bumps have to be taken slowly but when I get onto the B roads I love it, I live on the out skirts of Belfast in the Castlereagh hills so lots of B roads, haven't had any skipping and car goes round corner like feck.

This is how she sits

480d7e4c901660dbeb3c80435b05243f68c939a33aca15f2a67b8b49822c7260.jpg

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    goldbcfc's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Z4
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    roadster
    Thanks
    Unless your trackng your car each weekend then most are just lowering for looks our streets aint gonna help sticking some track setup suspension on when the m-sport setup is already fine

Mines on eibach pro springs i may change to b4 shocks at some point but no rush as my car drives fine on its 13 yrs old standard shocks