BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Lowering the suspension of my 318i SE - 2001 - E46

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RYM 
#1 ·
Hi,

I want to lower the suspension of my BMW 318i SE E46 but i'm concerned it will compromise the comfort of the drive too much! has anyone done it to thier similar model yet and how much of a difference does it make to ride comfort? And what make of suspension kit have you got? i've had lowered cars before and the ride was horribly bumpy but they were only lowered using springs, i'm considering the full suspension kit this time. Any recommendations, concerns or advice would be much appreciated...? Thanks :) :D

#2 ·
LiLo is fitting a set of hottuning coilovers to his 2002 E46 325ti very shortly and a full write up will be included:thumbsup

Lowering a vehicle does make the ride more firm but in a positive way. It makes the car more responsive.

Remember you drive a BMW so don't think that results will be similar to the cars of older generations where they used to rattle your bones:rofl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.