BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Lowering - Stance Advice.

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  danidge 
#1 ·
Once i have completed the audio side of my car (Induction - Exhaust) i am moving onto the way she stands.

I would like my Bimmer to sit there on the curb and look mean without being silly low, What im looking for is a more aggresive look without going over the top. The car need to be able to do speed bumps and have no chance of rubbing the tyres. Price is a concern and I have no want for a racing set up so cheaper would help.

The back end of my car annoys me a bit as I think it sits up to high.

To summerise

• Price
  • Rear end must sit lower
  • More agressive look
  • Be able to drive standard road with all the pitfalls with out an issue.

If anyone on here is experienced or knows a resource I could read/learn from then please let me know.

Car stats, E46 323ci SE 2000 (dont know current coil, shock type comfort, m-tech) Running on 8x18 Wheels with a 45 cross section.

See less See more
#2 ·
Rear already low in my opinion i couldnt even get my finger between to check my tyre tread on standard set up so its already very low

Get eibach pro they offer lower drop than coupe with the same springs as the coupe already sits lower so the benefits can be seen more on a vert

#3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply,

As a real Newbie in this department I have looked at the Eibach set and another Cheaper German make.

As i know I could get a decent drop on the front at least and some on the back the Eibachs look great. Can you explain how and where to measure for the right drop? And do i only need to worry about Tyre rub or do you get other areas that can clash?

#4 ·
Not quite sure what your after but if you look on line all the info about the mm it lowers is there make sure you order right ones as they do non m-sport fit and m-sport

You could always get a piece of string and meaure the sort of clearance you want mines never scraped yet full lock on turning is normal the eibach pro kit i got lowered mine 35mm front and 15mm rear thats enough any lower id probably scrape and as i use expensive tyre not wise really if doing again id probably just try and buy a set of front springs as that was my only original concern the front looking to high

#7 ·
They do two apparently sport line and pro so should be ok ive rubbed twice so far by pulling off a kerb to quick i know to take it easy now but steerings spot on no scraping on full lock the backs been sort of tested with only 1 adult in back on a journey with no problems

#8 ·
Ok thanks for the input chaps,

Seems a few more things I need to think about then.

I think I could do with taking it to a mod shop somewhere and get some measurements and advice there as well, But this is something I will definately do.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfo...wering-spring-kit-lowers-front-30mm-rear-20mm

Based off the 30mm front and 20mm rear i think this would be fine on 45profile rears... will need to get out and measure :)

Thanks Guys.

#9 ·
i would go for coilovers so you can get it exactly how you want it.
hot tuning ones are plenty good enough for most peoples needs and can be bought cheaply off the forum vendor.
i quite like x5 wheels on an e46 but you ideally need archwork and spacers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.