BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Look here to see what lowering springs give a desireable ride height. Pictures and measurements included

47K views 44 replies 21 participants last post by  payno 
#1 · (Edited)
This might be a good thread to make a sticky, as the question gets asked quite often, so here go's

My car is a 2000 323 ci, i have sport supension from facory, doesn't matter what wheels you have on as the measurment is taken from the centre of your wheel to the bottom of the whel arch, and that distance will not change no matter what wheels you have on,

standard
front = 36.6 cm
rear = 34.8cm
Please add yours and the height so we can all see what springs make what drop. we are looking for standard, se, sport, and other performance variants.

After fitting eibachs,
front = 34.6cm
rear = 34.2 cm

gap141070 posted his measurements for his 330ci m sport....front..34.5cms back 34.5cms..thats as near as possible.

318i posted this later on in the post.. he has an e36 318 4 door. ive used raceland coilovers, rear dropped as far as possible iro 50mm with the adjusters still fitted. front dropped iro 50mm.

rear centre of hub to arch: 28cm
front centre to arch: 29.5cm

SPRINTMAN BMW 2001 325 CI, clubsport front 36mm rear 33.5mm

tonylauno1 posted 2000 e46 328ci - Front 35.5cm & Rear 33.5cm
Factory coupe suspension which I believe are sport for sedan

See less See more
#12 ·
ive used raceland coilovers, rear dropped as far as possible iro 50mm with the adjusters still fitted. front dropped iro 50mm.

rear centre of hub to arch: 28cm
front centre to arch: 29.5cm

pics will be added tonight, gotta get a pic with alloys on first
first real one, cheers buddy!:thumbsup

#13 ·
E36 Coupe Boge Turbo lowering spring kit 30/20mm

Here's some pictures of mine. The suspension is still quite fresh featuring a FULL bushes, links, joints, BOGE M-tech shock absorbers complimented with BOGE Turbo lowering spring kit 30/20mm listed for the 6cyl coupes factory fitted with M-tech suspension. Its still settling in at the time of the pictures.

I can fully recommend the quality and performance beyond any other brand.

#16 ·
1997 E36 318i

I just had some APEX -40mm F/R springs fitted, I have standard shocks. The ride seems fine not really hard, and I am impressed as they are just about the cheapest -40mm springs kit you can buy.

Reactions: Spirit and LoneStar
#20 ·
i fitted the shock and spring set from the company that advertises on this site from belguim i think ,
i went 60mm on the front and 40mm on the rear if thats how they advertise them 60/40 anyway the back went a bit to low when i put my speaker box in but this did stop any drifting in my e30. Yesterday i changed my rear springs as i cuoldnt get over speed bumps without the bottom of the car scrapping i put the standard tourer ones back on until my new ones arrive i feel like i am in a dragster now high at the back low on the front i hate it.

BEFORE:

NOW i will add a pic before i lower it again havnt got 1 on my pc yet.

#22 ·
Ive just got the Eibach pro kit and Eibach ARB kit..looks a lot more subtle, sitting on 19inch BBS RS-GT's..I had a quote on AST Sportline 2's with Top Mounts and Camber Plates...whats the best set up for this ride wise? I know its personal preference but im looking for handling more than looks...! :)

#30 ·
Anyone here used HR Touring cup kit?

For everyone who has lowered their cars, when you loaded it up with 4 people and drive in the back road, does it bottom out?
I drove 200miles on A, B and C roads with 4 adults a child and a boot full of holiday lugage! never bottomed out once and the ride was still smooth! eibach pros.

#31 ·
This is my 318ci ( non original sport ) lowerd on 50mm eibach springs, about as low as you can go on a standard, if there is 4 people in the car and a speed bump comes, 2 have to get out or the bottom of the car will hit the bump on the decent.... a nuisance but looks great :)

#33 ·
Am i right in saying that when you already have sport suspension and you buy for example a 50mm lowering kit, it wont actually lower the car a further 50mm it'll be 50mm minus the difference between a standard and sport model?

IMO 40mm is low enough before causing rubbing or bottoming out over speed bumps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.