BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

help with 1997 323i se suspension upgrade

701 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  lief 
#1 ·
i'm upgrading and lowering the suspension on my 323i se, i'm looking at a koni street kit 40mm(front) 25mm(back) and was wondering if i will need camber/caster plates or if i'll be ok without them? also wanted to add 18" alloy's

any advice or alternative suggestions welcome

thanks.

#2 ·
rear camber can be adjusted with the setup already on the car, no extras need to be bought, when setup with the alloys on make sure the rear tyre does not foul the arch as they will have to adjust the tops of the wheel out towards the arch (lowering 25mm you will probably still be within factory specs).
as for the front, its not camber adjustable. you can get camber adjustable top mounts but they are around £100. you could always get the tyres flipped round to even it up if theyre wearing un-even.

#3 ·
thanks, i had heard people talking about the back already being camber adjustable but wasn't sure, i'm new to bmw's, i think i'm going to get the koni street kit but would love to hear about peoples experience with the koni or other kits?

thanks for your help :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.