Model of Car:
    318iS
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    driving the car hard enough , thats just driver charcteristics , and we all know 2 drivers are never the same.

If any bmw driver enjoys a bmw its probably for the reason that its a rear wheel drive car and so having the back end out and entering a corner hard is fun , so thus strut bars are a great asset , and I know because Iv felt the difference with and without one .

Anyone who has a bmw with a good engine and clutch/suspension should definitly invest in strut braces.
    if you are a drivers driver than u will love this simple cheap but beneficial modifcation.

and thats y M3's and other quality motors have strut braces fitted as standard and we all know M3's are not that pretty but hey they pretty dam fast and they handle pretty good aswell

well what u waiting for folks strut braces all round..oh P.S keep an eagle eye out for those blue and twos

ohhh nearly forgot once u have fitted the strut braces , y not take a drive to lovely milton keynes they have great roundabouts perfect to test the new strut braces.

well what u waiting for stop reading this and go out and have fun

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

3. so its poly, on sway, then full sway ugrade, then coilovers with adjustable dampers ? 
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    p4paco's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    lol saabs like jelly, i used to drive a volvo v70 2.5 auto, brings back memories.

those are some big balls ideas Ron,
    Am starting to see your point.

my last car was a 6speed mk4 Golf TD pdi, rolling road dyno'd to 154bhp and more torque then a R32. factory recaro seats 18" Pzero Rosso's, Lenzo alloys, on with tints & reiger kit and ebaich springs, (what ever the spelling is) and a full set of poly bushes.
    (how do i upload a pic damn it)
    That car would give my passengers neck ache after a good back road blast session. It stuck to the road, untill the point you thought your head couldnt hold up. i loved throwing it round, i've got a strong neck.
    Actually i got into moto cross bikes when i was young, had a huge dirt cross track 1km from my house where i used to ride, havent ridden a big road bike, but i did have a 70mph fast accelerating aprillia 125cc scooter.
    jumped two train tracks at a level crossing on a hill so it was fast. (i did howver fracture the rear axel althought the bike was still perfectly rideable to the dealer - under warrenty lol )
    but bikes aint safe so i stick to cars.
    its not so much the bikes, but the drunk drivers with no insurance that i had a problem with. that bike was a right off

enuff about me, and back to my point,
    i want my car to handle as good as my golf did.
    i thought this was supposed to be the ultimate driving machine, how come i have to do so much. bummer.
    i dont really want to shell out for another suspension mod.
    i recon
    the ride hight comprimise is directly comparable to the lower centre of gravity achieved, and it gives great cornering ability, 50mph curved on ramps just beg to shown some rear drive torque.
    i'm happy with the spring rate, and the dampening : comfort ratio.
    i've sat in cars with rock hard suspension, and in one of my neighbouring towns the bumpy road would make the ride like you'd rather walk the street.
    and i think a stiff suspension set up would make the car lose some of its appeal to me and my passengers.

First i think i'd like to see what happens when i tighten the front end up with poly bushes on the sway bars, the car is 183k miles and i think its the only bushes i havent changed, and they're probably the easiest. That should be a good start.
    my car is supposed to be my Daily driver, 4 doors, red leather, memory seats dvd pioneer nav with G-force gyro sensor.

i suppose your gonna tell me i can have coilover and adjust it to be soft.
    How much is a set of coilovers wityh adjustable dampers Ron?
    anybody else notice the credit crunch ? sh!t yea i said it.

a20 RYM good call, for 1st moves.
    Ron, thanks for the input i'll be considering it longer haul,
    {maybe in after i replace it, i can change the turbo, remap, weld the diff and turn it in toa track/drifter for fun}
    unless i stack the car at nurenburgring, trying to beat Jeramy clarksons 10minutes in a jaguar diesel. lol
    the girl did it in a diesel van in just over 10mins.

4. so its a strutbrace and poly on sways, then upgrade sways or coilovers, is that cost efficient to try and solve this 
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    p4paco's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by awais318iS View Post
    driving the car hard enough , thats just driver charcteristics , and we all know 2 drivers are never the same.

If any bmw driver enjoys a bmw its probably for the reason that its a rear wheel drive car and so having the back end out and entering a corner hard is fun , so thus strut bars are a great asset , and I know because Iv felt the difference with and without one .

Anyone who has a bmw with a good engine and clutch/suspension should definitly invest in strut braces.
    if you are a drivers driver than u will love this simple cheap but beneficial modifcation.

and thats y M3's and other quality motors have strut braces fitted as standard and we all know M3's are not that pretty but hey they pretty dam fast and they handle pretty good aswell

well what u waiting for folks strut braces all round..oh P.S keep an eagle eye out for those blue and twos

ohhh nearly forgot once u have fitted the strut braces , y not take a drive to lovely milton keynes they have great roundabouts perfect to test the new strut braces.

well what u waiting for stop reading this and go out and have fun
    i missed that this time ! bloody good point.
    except i like the a43 between the M40 silverstone race track and M1
    its like 13 roundabouts spread over abt 27miles of unlit dual carriageways no cops.
    regularly see scoobys, porsches passing through there.

thats partly why i love my factory xenonHID, or are my xenonHID partly why i love that road. either way i've got a 50w bulb/ballast upgrade HID arriving today.
    so you guys recon the strut brace will help me achive the status of where i can throw the car in to the apex and ride the camber in the road like a master.

Banned
    Car Details
    awais318iS's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318iS
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    why not.... Have Ultimate fun with a Ultimate driving machine

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    p4paco's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    So, now i need help finding a strut brace for e46 320d, that doesnt cost the earth.
    hang on, didn't i star somewhere arond here?

ron
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    ron's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    half touring half pickup?

Thanks
    your never going to get the performance you want if you keep the car in pretty standard trim, forget suspension forget strutbraces, you have heavy seats, a heavy engine etc, after reading through it again my advise is forget the road car and buy something as a second car, theres so many fun options for cheap, old bmw's, volvo 480t(rwd) nissan 200sx, plenty of fwd cars that will put a big smile on your face aswell, if the car is going to stay as one for passengers then forget about tuning it because its pointless, have a stripped out racer for the road instead and slowly turn it into a road legal track car.
    BFUK full time clown.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    p4paco's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    na, sorry Ron, thats your opinion.
    i got my daily driver coz i like driving it everywhere.
    i just wanna make it a bit better and if i kno i'm squeezing the most fun out of it, i'll be happy.
    i do about 15-19k a year, and i get decent mpg or miles per pound of fun.
    and i get to do it with xenons, in a nice car with my music. ciggys and lighter by my knee.
    whats the point of having a great fun car, which is sitting at home, 100miles away costing me tax & insurance, when i need to drive to B'ham, wolves, Leicester, London in a day?

if i had a stiff car, not even i would enjoy the road to the fun roads, unless i'm busy losing my license.
    i took my car in a convoy to Le Mans 24heurs 2008, i swapped my car for an e30 2.5 hartge coilovers, struts the lot. in fact we fitted it the day before in true Le Mans fashion and tuned it on the way. ~~That Car is sick, & capable of going off the clock at 160mph. but i still wanted my car back for the staight flat roads.

i think, i should contemplate hiring a track car, for track days.
    If that works out then i may consider a project. but for now, me and about 20 like minded mates are gonna have a out door go-carting championship between ourselves.
    Coz its not the same without your mates.
    i had 3stiff shots before december's frosty race meeting, now where can you do that eh?

Banned
    Car Details
    awais318iS's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318iS
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    please please for the love of science and physics and the laws of gravity what ever you do dont listen to Ron - and buy a front wheel driven car

if u do u will be a mere mortal in this world just getting by..

petrolheads allover know that front wheels should be only be for steering and not drive- thus the rear wheels should provide drive.

making front wheels turn left and right and drive at the same time causes stress on steering/suspension components and comprimises handling capabilities

So therofore dont do it dont buy a front wheel driven car unless u are teaching someone how to drive.

In any case front wheel driven cars have the engine mounted tranversely - there is only one reason for this ,same as front wheel drive cars - MONEY - these cars are cheaper to produce.

also y drive on a track going in circles when u can achieve the same driving pleasure if u have strut braces fitted and drive daily in your local area town centre and have fun ,

hence legal street racing , no track charges just road tax

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    p4paco's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    lol, i once got pulled up outside Kingston works club, after i had already stopped.
    i was told that a vehicle matching my cars description was seen racing around the one way system on CCTV.

"i been here the whole time officer, i did hear sum thrashed engines whizzing by tho." LOL

sometimes u can get a bit overzealous & go into situations you cant talk your way out of, if caught at the right point.

i'm not a street racer, i just like accelerating and moving people into my rear view mirror from time to time.

i got my 1st 3points in December after 9years of driving. i think my lucky charms are fading. nicely Modded car helps deviate the conversation, i end up reccomending a Mod/tyre fitter/car to one of them sometimes.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    p4paco's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    okay,
    anyone help find me a strut-brace for my rhd saloon 320d.
    Euro car parts said the one they sell is for a left hooker and needs slight modification.
    i'm looking for a budget model, nothing fancy, just do the job, i only open my diesel's bonnet to put windscreen washer in.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast