e46 325ci m sport. BRAKE....... upgarde. HELP..........

Notices

Thread: e46 325ci m sport. BRAKE....... upgarde. HELP..........

Reply to Thread
  1. e46 325ci m sport. BRAKE....... upgarde. HELP.......... 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Chaz_k's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi there im looking to upgrade my brakes on my 2001 325ci m sport. im in need of front discs and pads. i have seen many options avaible and it would be much appreciated if i could get other peoples opions on these options. many thanks.

brembo disc and pads

Bmw 3 Coupe 325 Ci 189BHP - Brembo Front Brake Set - Discs and Pads | eBay

ferodo pads

FERODO FRONT BRAKE PADS BMW 3 Series Coupe (E46) 1999-2001 FDB1300 | eBay

EBC pads

FRONT EBC ULTIMAX Brake Pads BMW 3 Series 325 Ci Coupe E46 [1998-2006] | eBay

KINETEX DISCS AND BREMBO PADS

BMW 320D 320i 320Ci 320Cd 325i E46 FRONT BREMBO PADS KINETIX GROOVED BRAKE DISCS | eBay

DISCS AND MINTEX PADS DISC ARE FROM A COMPANY CALLED MINTBITZ WHO PRODUCE THERE OWN DISCS.

BMW 3 Coupe E46 325Ci 00-06 Front Brake Disc+Pads | eBay

MUTEC DISCS WITH MINTEX PADS

BMW 3 Coupe E46 325Ci 00-06 Front Brake Disc+Pads | eBay

MUTEC DISC BLACK EDITION

BMW E46 Coupe 325Ci 00-06 Front Brake Discs Drilled Grooved Mtec Black Edition | eBay

What to do you reckon everyone... how good. how ligite. fake or not.... all queries please as much info as possible... many thanks

chaz

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Joshcoupe's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325Ci Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Don't bother with Mintex pads, the general consensus is that they're crap. The same goes for KINETEX and other lesser known brands.

How about CRN discs (re-machined Pagid discs) with Brembo pads? That's the set up I'm going with and they're a really good price.

The discs are £60 for either Grooved or Grooved & Drilled. The pads are £30.
    http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=78643&dateline=132756  4185

Quote Originally Posted by ludman View Post
    i was tempted to buy it and then rip it apart smashing the bodykit to bits in front of the seller, and then politely explain why i did so then give him a slap

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    izzy_007's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    If you want a proper upgrade I would source some carriers and calipers off a 330 and then put new discs and pads. You will see a huge improvement. I haven't even got really good qualit pads yet and the stopping distance Is so much better with the bigger brakes

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Chaz_k's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Cheers

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Chaz_k's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Yeah I forgot to post the link of the CRN discs. I was looking at them to, and they seem to be highly rated by everyone on here.

Which I most probably go with, with the brembo pads, but I was also considering either the ferodo pads or ebc pads as an alternative but not sure if there any better, I mean the links of pads which I posted, cause I know there not the top spec from these named companies but an option and roughly the same price as te brembo's

8. M3 Brembo discs, std calipurs & carbotec xp10's 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Ben H's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 3.0l Track Slag
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual 5 speed box
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Brakes, are always a tricky one as you never know how to judge peoples veiws on brakes, given that a slower driver may find one set up absolutly brilliant compared to another who would find them awful.

I have done many trackdays and ringtrips and have always punished brake set ups, I have I'm please to say finally found one i'm happy with. so my advice would be this,

Pads

EBC of any sort, Mintex, are utter crap.....

Fredo DS2500 are good for spirited road use, light track use, will cope with 2-3 hard 100 plus to 30 manoeuvres
    Pagid Black / Blue are pretty awesome for driving in anger and very good for track use,

My choice - Carbo tech xp10's, eye balls strain in your sockets, the passenger needs his seatbelt and a grab handle, you need big neck muscles!!

Discs

I steer clear of drilled unless exceptional quality, I just crack them after a few 1000miles or less, the drilling weakens them.

My choice - Brembo solid discs, beacuse they are strong and durable and made from high quality steel.
    Note if discs seem to cheep its because they are!! they will be made from lower quality steel and will warp more easily!!

Calipurs - you can go all sexy and get some nice 4/6 pot calipurs, there are many on the market.

I currently run my M3 with standard BMW ones, Brembo discs and carbo teck xp10,
    I was slightly out braked by a GT3 at the ring, but its the best i have found to date and not looking to change
    the B2G time posted was 8.24 as a guide to how hard my brakes were being used.

ben h