Grante36's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    That 60/40 drop dont look to bad think my neighbour wouldnt mind that but for me I think I'd like it a tad lower..

Prince that is the sort of drop I want like that but as said I aint really in it for performance side of things..

Stu I'm a big fan of yours too, I have been there done that with cheap coilovers and can't go back, had £190 fk's on my golf ha

Silver e36 coupe 316.

Done :
    17" BMW alloy wheels / 328 e36 front brake set-up / JVC head unit / Bosch flat blades

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Disco Stu's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E36 318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 1,113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grante36 View Post
    Stu I'm a big fan of yours too, I have been there done that with cheap coilovers and can't go back, had £190 fk's on my golf ha
    Cheers mate

What do you use the car for?? Once I'm out of town it's fine, just whilst driving below about 40mph it peeves me. I'm not actually in town that often tbh but it does still get on my tits!

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Prince's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grante36 View Post
    That 60/40 drop dont look to bad think my neighbour wouldnt mind that but for me I think I'd like it a tad lower..

Prince that is the sort of drop I want like that but as said I aint really in it for performance side of things..

I can measure up for you if you want? So you have a rough idea. What about something inbetween like AP Coilovers? Around £400 iirc and a lot of members rate them quite highly.
    BMW: The Ultimate Driving Machine

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Grante36's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    I've always heard good things about ap coilovers wernt sure on the price range on the e36 for them that was all. £400 probably sounds about right too me give or take..

Stu, I use it for all sorts except work really as I have a van soo town and a roads and motorway but speedhumps and road quality around here is pathetic! One reason why I hated the cheap coilovers on my golf

Silver e36 coupe 316.

Done :
    17" BMW alloy wheels / 328 e36 front brake set-up / JVC head unit / Bosch flat blades

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Prince's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    You may be able to find them cheaper but here's a link from a quick serach... AP Coilovers.
    BMW: The Ultimate Driving Machine

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Grante36's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Nice one will look in to it soon Got a couple other mechanical issue too sort first then Lowering will be done!

Silver e36 coupe 316.

Done :

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Mr OBD's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    AP Coilovers are ok, they are made by KW but they are still a budget kit, most parts are made in China and tested in Germany, Personally I wouldn't ever fit a set of AP's to my car as I see too many problems with leaking dampers - try and claim on the warranty and they will tell you it is 'normal' and there is nothing wrong with them.

But that will happen with Weitec and KW V1 as well, Eibach use KW dampers and they have leaking damper problems too - but Eibach will change them under warranty.

For me, H&R or Bilstein

If you want coilovers and you can afford £400 - save for a bit longer and buy a set of Bilstein B14 coilovers, they are a reasonable price for what you are getting.

Mike
    1st> 2004 Seat Ibiza 1.2
    2nd> 2005 Seat Ibiza 1.9TDI FR
    3rd> 1991 VW Polo Coupe 1.3
    4th> 1990 Honda CRX Del Sol
    5th> 1998 BMW E36 328
    6th> 2003 BMW E46 M3

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Grante36's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Will bare that in mind, thanks

Silver e36 coupe 316.

Done :

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Enrich's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Please forgive me if I've missed this somewhere else on the forum, but I'm gonna have about £300 to spend and was looking into the cheep coilover options. I don't mind the ride being a little harsh as long as they handle well. I currently have eibach springs all round with monroe mtec dampers. I also have the m3 evo top mounts at the front for slightly greater camber.

The issue I have at the moment is that the springs seem to have gone soft and, whilst starting out with similar height both sides when first fitted, the car is now lower on the drivers side. I also have the problem of the top spring mount at the front catching the inner wheel arch when on full lock, not an issue for me in itself, but if cornering hard to the left when riding over anything more than a slightly below medium sized bump, or perhaps even in a straight line if taking a speed bump to quickly, the top spring mount on the drivers side impacts the inner arch, hard! I do have a strut brace on the front and h&r anti roll bars all round.

When I fitted the springs and dampers originally, less than 12 months ago, none of this was an issue but it now seems to be getting worse week by week and I’m getting fed up with it. I’m going to change the top mounts back to the original 328i sport coupe ones but wanted to ask here for opinions before I go out and buy the cheeper coilovers, which appeal to me because they will also give me the luxury of restoring the ride height to match on both sides.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12