E36 (2000) Compact 318ti M-Sport,,,Replacing brake discs and pads all round with Mintex and finding the correct fitment

Notices

Thread: E36 (2000) Compact 318ti M-Sport,,,Replacing brake discs and pads all round with Mintex and finding the correct fitment

Reply to Thread
  1. E36 (2000) Compact 318ti M-Sport,,,Replacing brake discs and pads all round with Mintex and finding the correct fitment 
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    phileas fogg's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ti M-sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    compact

Thanks
    I've owned the car for around a month now and have been replacing and fixing the bits on the car that need doing. I've just picked my clutch kit up today which I will fit in the coming week.

Now in 2 weeks I want to replace the discs and pads all round (possible caliper re-build and new hoses too) with Mintex as I fitted these to my last 316i Compact and was happy with the performance compared to the stock brakes.

Here lies the problem. My friend has a 318ti M-Sport like mine and months ago I ordered the brakes for him from ebay (the seller assured me the brakes would fit as I was worried the fitment was different to a normal 318ti with it being an M-Sport) Took the car and brakes to a garage and was told the brakes wouldn't fit and he had to fork out for brakes all over again (£120 spent on brakes sat in a cupboard) His M-Sport is a Y-reg, mines a W-reg. Pretty much identical cars.

I don't want to get stung and stuck with some brakes that don't fit as I'll have to order off ebay again as I can't find the brakes stocked anywhere else.

How can I ensure I get the correct fitment of brakes. I will measure the height of the discs. Anything else I can do or anywhere else I can get hold of the same brake kits or similar for around the same price (£100-£120)

Sorry for the long thread

Any help is much appreciated, Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    328mark's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 328i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,920 Posts
    what i've felt,what i've known
    never shined through in what i've shown.

-------------------------------------------
    PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES & THE SELLING RULES

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    starkie7's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring

Thanks
    be careful buying mintex brakes from ebay. there are a high number of replica parts knocking about on there and it's not something you want to use cheap parts for. i got a full matching set, the front pads are too soft, and the rears are too hard. can't wait for them to wear out and get decent kit on there.