325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi,

sorry for another coilover question and I know everyone must be sick of them by now, but I've spent ages searching and reading and now I'm just very confused

Firstly my car - e36 325 coupe although I've got m3 evo running gear to go on so I'll need m3 evo suspension.

I really want a suspension setup that still retains a good amount of ride comfort, handles well, yet I really want to get the stance how I want it - lose the inherent rear lean and not silly low, but nose low wedge type stance. More interested in a bit of spirited fast road driving and distance driving although I wont rule out one day visiting a track.

So is there a coilover kit that's suitable? I keep going round in circle to be honest. comfort and handeling wise a non-coilover setup of bilstein shocks eiback springs sounds perfect...but it wont give me the look I'm after and adding in new top mounts I'm probably looking at £800+? There's quite a few coilover kits for this money or even a little less, which come with top mounts but I'm worried they're going to be too stiff.

Has anyone been in the same dilema and if so what route did you take? If it's possible to do, would coilovers with custom lower spring rates be the answer?

thanks

Elliot

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    rich@vrdevelopments's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E30 318iS
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    If you want to retain ride comfort then I would suggest coil overs are not the way to go. IMO (and as you have mentioned) you are better off with a spring and damper kit. Eibach springs are very good at lowering ride height while also retaining a decent level of comfort.

www.VisionRacingDevelopments.co.uk

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    M3 TIM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 evo cab/ e39 M5
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998/2001
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    VERT/SALOON
    Thanks
    ive been on bc racing coilovers for nearly two years now and im realy happy with them and im in a vert on its arse.there on the softest setting and they dont give me to much hassle and i live in the high peak.