BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Anyone tried Brembo pads?

Tags
brembo pads
11K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  goldbcfc 
#1 ·
My 330d touring came with EBC Redstuff front discs and pads which were rubbish for regular driving. Once they were warm they stopped very well indeed and gave off very little dust but I couldn't live with them day to day. As I still had my old 330d before it got sold which had nearly new Brembo discs and half worn Textar pads, I swapped them over. The Brembo/Textar combo is very good, nice and progressive, good feel and takes a fair bit of abuse before they fade but, they are so dusty it drives me nuts. 100 miles after washing the car the wheels are covered.

So, I've recently put a set of Pagid pads on and let them bed in for about 500ish miles before giving an opinion on them. And I don't like them, they feel a bit Audi like, with no feel or progression to them and worst of all they don't seem to stop too well either. A light brush of the pedal and all is fine, push a little harder and they feel numb, press harder for big stop and they just don't have much power at all, go for a full Kobayashi and you're pressing a brick wall and getting nothing back. To be honest the amount of dust has been forgotten, I need performance first. Very disappointed.

I know quite a few people on here have or recommend Brembo discs but I've found very little about Brembo pads. Obviously should be a good match for the Brembo discs but they are twice the price of Pagid and Any experiences, thoughts or advice?

See less See more
#2 ·
I have Brembo pads on my fronts (Drilled and grooved Disks). I have never felt unsafe with hard breaking and they grip well when I have needed them.

Only thing is I have no other brands to compare them against, when I got the car the ones on it were shot so these will naturally feel better.

My advice is to try them as the price is not to bad, break dust is high though.

Regards B33fy

#5 ·
Yeah i used to use ferodo they were excellent never had no complaints they liked heavy brakeing but i have pagid pads now and will stick with them for the future as there quality i can literally stamp on the pedal and the car stops with out any fuss straight away but the 330 does have big brakes anyway id easily say for £40-£50 a set there the best brake pads ive used without going into the £100+ pads area
I used brembo in the past their ok nothing to shout about brembo brake discs are better with pagid etc than using brembo discs and brembo pad setup
Have you been on ebc website lately because theirs actually a new ebc redstuff pad which is made from new compound that doesnt require warm up their supposed to be the flagship pad for ebc they had to do some reasearch and development to improve them because of all the complaints but the say they are the leading selling ebc pad so it was a must to make them better they cost a little more but worth it for results and no dust ive been told the yellowstuff are perfect for fast road use/track aswell

Front you will always get more brake dust as thats where the main weight is when braking hence the reason the front discs are bigger than rears

If buying drilled and grooved discs dont buy those cheap ones get something good like ebc ultimax or brembo max the cheaps o es get rusty quick ive used them before to be honest the solid discs are better imo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.