BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2007 E92 320d - Brake Upgrade

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Magic3 
#1 ·
hi there peeps my e92 320d is up for rear brake changing very soon, i was thinking about having an upgrade to the rears and at the same time change the front ones, i have remapped the car so i want to get a upgraded brakes and possibly discs, i would love a big brake kit but cant find any good ones about that why i need you guys help, any helps on what step i should take on the brake side of thing, cheers mitz

#2 ·
Hi Mitz,

My fronts are due in 3000miles.

I've been looking at upgrades for ages, really keen on the BMW Performance Kit, but struggling to find one other than at the dealers.

Also, been looking at BBK's form K-Sport, which you might like?

As always, their not cheap, roughly £800 for fronts, but I've struggled to find anything much cheaper than that.....

Regards

Gaz.

#3 ·
what about the rears need some ideas for that as well, some cars havent got brake kit for the rear on the e92 and i dont think you can get them? but if i am going to do one lot might aswell do the whole lot, what about when it comes to changing the brake pads and discs on the brake kit, need to know info on the brake kit aswell

#4 ·
I too have looking into this for my e92 mapped 320d. It seems that BMW performance do not have the rear option for the 320d e92 but do for the 320d e93. This is strange because they have exactly the same brake set up - same size std discs and pads! I was told I could order and fit the fronts no problem but if I ordered the fronts and rears the dealer wouldn't guarantee performance! It seems that BMW think the rears are adequate for the car and haven't tested the Performance version on the e92 but have on the e93! They have tested and approved the fronts on both.
Following the upgrade the DTC and DSP programme needs an update.
The rear set up looks very similar to the std but with the gold, slightly larger looking calipers. They do not say 'BMW Performance' on them, just BMW.
I really would like the rears to match the fronts - you're right it's a nightmare trying to find a decent kit for fronts and rears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.