BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2003 E46 325i - lowering

3K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  vauxfan 
#1 ·
Hi
I have just ordered boge lowering springs for my e46 they arrived today but it says on the invoice that they are for a 4 cly is there any difference as i ordered 6cyl springs.
Also is there anything i need to do to adjust the camber or does the car have adjustable camber its a 325i se?
thanks

#2 ·
springs are different for 6cyl, as the car is heavier! need to double check your order! i have just bought and fitted eibachs, they are perfect! ride is still spot on, car now looks great! as for camber, it should be fine, as bmw tend to do the set up but weighing the car down, sort of like lowering!

#4 ·
Sounds like someone has made a boo boo:frown

Check the invoice part number against the one on the front of the box and check both of these numbers to the part number on the spring.

If they all match then give the place a call and just explain that you think an error has been made when despatching the goods and ask them to confirm this by giving them all the details. If it turns out that all is not correct then ask them to arrange collection and resend the correct item as quick as possible:thumbsup

#9 ·
The difference in an m sport is the shocks to, the fronts are a little tighter, and the backs are tighter still, the wish bones are slightly beefier to, and to anti roll bar is aslo bigger iirc, the camber is slighter different to. but when your car is lowered the camber will change any way.

#14 ·
M sports are usually approximately 15mm lower than standard models IIRC

So if you fitted 40mm springs to an M model then you will only get a drop of approximately 25mm:thumbsup

On the E36 M models the anti roll link arm is shorter. Instead of going from the anti-roll bar and connecting to the strut it is shorter and connects to the front lower control arm.

#27 ·
my 1994 E36 318 connects to the front lower control arm and not the strut. does that mean i have the Msport suspension as i only have the standard lollipop bushes, not the offset ones, and the V5 doesnt mention it being a sport model. also when typing reg number into the insurance websites it finds it as a 318ise. although not badged or V5'd as that

#18 ·
Now fitted

Just got my car back this morning only cost me 55quid and he also rolled the rear arches top job :thumbsup i couldnt get any pics having trouble up loading them so put it in my signature
the Springs are Boge they are 45mm lower on the front 40 on rear the handling seems good its taught but not harsh feels ace doesnt seem to tramline at all either
What do you guys thing of it? :D

#20 ·
that looks really nice :)
thinking of getting my motor dropped soon...if you can get any close ups of how the front looks put up i would appreciate it :)
(you can still use photobucket and img tags to put up pics ;) )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.