Model of Car:
    330ci M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    I had my car MOT the other day and had to forkout for four brand new tyres, I was also told there was play in the bushes, i thought as much as the steering has never really felt quite right. Can feel it more so on the motorway, not in a dangerous way but you can feel its just not tight enough.

When i got my new tyres fitted today I asked the guy to look at the arms and bushes, he said that the bottom suspension arm bushes and the rear bushes need replacing, i can find the rear bushes on ebay and a few other places but the other bushes he mentioned i am unsure what they are called;

http://www.motormec.co.uk/46steer.html

in this link "7" is the rear bushes which i can find but the other bush he pointed out was sitting where "5" is, could anyone please give me the name of this bush, sorry for my stupidity, control arms and bushes are pretty new to me, ive never changed or had to look into them before.

Could someone please give me links to get powerflex bushes for these two points for a good price, also is it worth changing the control arms as well? and how easy is it to do all this work?
    BMW 330ci M Sport Convertible

Eibach pro springs, Powerflex front wishbone rear bushes, Umnitza Orion V2 Angel Eyes

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RoX For This Useful Post:

Boostist (02-04-2009)

3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    No. 5 in your link is the stabiliser links (drop links) which you need to buy in one piece since the bushes are integrated. BTW, you have sports set up, so those lower arm bushes are not the correct ones for your car.
    Powerflex distributors...LINK

RoX
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    RoX's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    Thanks mate, does that mean there is no way to get that part seperately so i have to buy the control arm which comes with the stabiliser links fitted?

P.S. I made a donation to the forum last night as i am impressed with the wealth of knowledge available on here, but it hasnt shown up in the total donations this month? is that just a delay in update? also is there any post to see detailed break down of donations?
    BMW 330ci M Sport Convertible

Eibach pro springs, Powerflex front wishbone rear bushes, Umnitza Orion V2 Angel Eyes

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoX View Post
    Thanks mate, does that mean there is no way to get that part seperately so i have to buy the control arm which comes with the stabiliser links fitted?
    I think there is a misunderstanding here. No.5 in that diagram points to a stabiliser link rod which is a seperate entity altogether. Nothing to do with the control arm and it is attached to the stabiliser bar. This is what they look like...

Ask if you want more info

P.S. I made a donation to the forum last night as i am impressed with the wealth of knowledge available on here, but it hasnt shown up in the total donations this month? is that just a delay in update? also is there any post to see detailed break down of donations?
    Thanks for the donation, much appreciated . At the end of each month, whatever is in the pot will go towards server maintenance by Admin, so your payment may have shown up but was then used if you see what I mean

RYM
    Legendary BFuk Member
    Car Details
    RYM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325tds
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,935 Times in 3,119 Posts

Hi Rox, there is a delay on the donation strip. I shall bring this comment to the attention of Admin so he can tell you exactly how it works:thumbsip

Also, members who donate 25 pounds become platinum members

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,426 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Thanks Rox

It is my fault

Basically, when someone donates, I have to manually update the donations bar (just select the donation and confirm it) because otherwise it will go up when people click > donate £100000 and then dont follow through to paypal!!!

and ive only just got in from a 12 hour day so havent been ski
    ving

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    stolfordtone's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Z4 3.0i SMG/523i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2004/2000
    Transmission Type:
    Semi-auto/Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Roadster/Touring
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A20 RYM View Post
    Hi Rox, there is a delay on the donation strip. I shall bring this comment to the attention of Admin so he can tell you exactly how it works:thumbsip

Also, members who donate 25 pounds become platinum members
    Hey Rym,

How do we know if we have been labeled as Platinum Members? I donated £25 some time back but see no Platinum