BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2003 E46 320td compact - polybushes

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  baderlfc 
#1 ·
Hi,

I posted a thread before christmas regarding fitting Eibach springs. I was looking to tighten up the handling on my 320td compact.

After discussing the matter with a local BMW indy specilist I am now thinking about maybe leaving the standard springs and fitting poly bushes(think it was front lower arm and rear trailing arm) to start with and having a full check on the rest of my suspension.
Would this be a good starting point. Or would I be better to spend more money at this stage and do the bushes and the springs?

Thanks for reading.

#6 ·
Hi thanks for all the advice so far. I think that I will definetly go for the poly bushes and probably the eibach springs.

Just one last point before I commit to actually spending some money:hihi.

My only concern is, would it improve the handling of the car to replace the standard springs with eibach's but leave the standard dampers?
Would the springs on there own stiffen the suspension a little(which is what I want) or would it just be lower?

Cheers

#7 ·
i've changed the standard springs on my e46 compact to eibach pro springs but kept original dampers as they were still in good condition and the ride has stiffened very slightly and the handling has been improved! hope that makes your decision for you mate :thumbsup

Reactions: Mortey
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.