BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2002 E46 330d suspension - these any good?

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jme_be 
#1 ·
Seen these on ebay and just wanted people's thoughts on them?

Click here

As i might give her a new lease of life with some new shocks and springs, any input ideas more than welcome:thumbsup

#3 ·
the price is cheap for such a set and I'd walk away as they don't even list who the manufacturer of the kit is!

if it was any decent kit, i can assure you it would cost considerably more than that and they would also list the manufacturer.

#6 ·
eibach springs coupled with koni/bilstein shox.
coilover wise fk,h&r,eibach or if you're feeling flush bilstein pss9's
depends how low you wanna go
http://www.bmtown.com/E46.htm gives you some ideas ;)

btw...did you have a look at the arb's that you wanted?

#8 ·
I've recently fitted eibach PRO springs and Koni FSD dampers which has given excellent comfort, but when into fast corners it seems to stiffen up nicely, giving a nice sporty feel.

The shocks are 'trick' as they detect what kindof bumps you're driving over.. small bumps are softened, yet when it feels long bumps (or corners!) they stuffen up.

Very chuffed.

As for costs:
Eibach PRO ~ £140
Koni FSD ~ £450

I also fitted new top mounts front and back which came to about £100 in total with a few new nuts and bolts :)

My car has an iron block and a heavy gearbox, so I went for the 330Cd kit, rather than the 330Ci :)

Rich

#10 ·
Hi Richy_boy,

are these the first set you have tried other than standard?

the only reason I ask is I had them fitted to my old car (audi S3) and there were really crashy! felt strange, on motorways there were great fast slip road you could really push it - but around town it was painfull?

maybe mine were shoot......

I ask because im thinking of changing my shocks soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.